h100x pump 0rpm

tranic

Good morning everyone,

I have just had my new pc delivered and the performance is fantastic however, when looking into my temps something doesn't feel quite right. When Idling temps usually sit around 35-40 which I assume is completely okay however, when I do a simple task like opening up steam, it will spike randomly to the low 70s and fall back down again. I have downloaded suicide squad and was getting around 70-80 degrees playing and it actually spiked up to 95 at one point. I have noticed that in my Bios that the SYSTEM 4 PUMP is 0RPM and also in my gigabyte controller is is also showing as 0RPM. Would this be the issue causing this? Any help is appreciated, I have posted the screenshot below and also my pc specs;

1707563391999.png

Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900K (Up to 6.0GHz) 36MB Cache
MotherboardGIGABYTE Z790 GAMING X AX (LGA1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 6E)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card16GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 Ti SUPER - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor CoolingCORSAIR H100x RGB ELITE HIGH PERFORMANCE CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans1 x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fan

Attachments

• 1707563375993.png
    1707563375993.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 20

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The cooler is nowhere near enough for the cpu, it’s going to thermal throttle under even moderate loads.

The H100x is not software addressable.

tranic

The cooler is nowhere near enough for the cpu, it’s going to thermal throttle under even moderate loads.

The H100x is not software addressable.
Thanks for getting back to me, wouldn't they have picked up high temps in testing/quality control when assessing the PC itself? Not sure what to do about this now going forward or if I should just return the whole pc entirely?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for getting back to me, wouldn't they have picked up high temps in testing/quality control when assessing the PC itself? Not sure what to do about this now going forward or if I should just return the whole pc entirely?
They may have done, but it's not PCS's job to correct a bad build. They just build what you specify and all the configurator warrants is that components will work together, not that they are suitable.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS are a system integrator, they just assemble what the customer asks them to, it’s down to the customer to put together a system that’s going to work together.

If the customer doesn’t understand hardware, PCS and the forums are available to advise and suggest a suitable spec.

If you’ve had it less than 14 days you can cancel the order and get some advice on something more suitable

But there’s nothing wrong with the build as such, it’s working exactly as it should do with the way it’s been configured

tranic

PCS are a system integrator, they just assemble what the customer asks them to, it’s down to the customer to put together a system that’s going to work together.

If the customer doesn’t understand hardware, PCS and the forums are available to advise and suggest a suitable spec.

If you’ve had it less than 14 days you can cancel the order and get some advice on something more suitable

But there’s nothing wrong with the build as such, it’s working exactly as it should do with the way it’s been configured
Thanks for letting me know, it was only delivered yesterday so I'm going to reach out.

I'm not incredibly technical and didn't even think to check the cooler before hand, I should've reached out to them directly first of all or posted on the forums, appreciate the help.