Got a little warranty question

Xavien

Enthusiast
I was wondering what happens if say some time down the line the graphics card fails and its no longer avalible anymore are we issued with a eqivilent card?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
T's and C's:

7.2. Goods found to be defective under the warranty will be repaired or replaced with an item of an equal or better performance and equal or better value at the time an RMA (Return Material Authorisation) is generated by the seller.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Also remeber, it is not new for old in Warranty replacements and we are dictated somewhat by manufacturers in regards to warranty replacements, sometimes a credit is given and sometimes an offer of a different card is given.

Xavien

Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the info all makes sense. On a good side a few years ago my pc was blown up cause we got struck by lightening and that is new for old but i understand you cant have that with a warranty :)

Maestro

Yes, its quite common for people to confuse warranties and insurance. Insurance would cover for an electrical item getting blown up by an electrical surge but a warranty would not cover this. A warranty covers inherent faults caused by defective manufacturing. It doesnt cover problems arising from fair wear and tear of a product over time, customer induced damage, acts of god etc. A product warranty is provided over and above a customers statuatory rights as dictated by the sale of goods act 1979 and distance selling regulations.

Last edited: