folder error

purity2012

hi everyone my friend copied a folder full of priceless photos onto a flash drive when she copied the folder to my windows 7 pc the folder wont open it just says folder name with no folder icon or anything. how do i fix this so my friend can have her pics back?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Are the photos still on the flash drive or where your friend copied them from,what format are they in?

purity2012

Are the photos still on the flash drive or where your friend copied them from,what format are they in?

they are still on the flash drive but they are not accessible because of the problem she said they was in .jpg but as i cant access them i cant confirm the file extention

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
they are still on the flash drive but they are not accessible because of the problem she said they was in .jpg but as i cant access them i cant confirm the file extention
If you can't open the files straight from the USB flash drive the files could be corrupt.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
ok so the main files are corrupted do you think i should be able to use a file carving app to recover the images?
If the files are corrupt I don't think they are recoverable,you could try "recuva" though but,I doubt if it would succeed.
Does your friend still have the original copies?