Dead GPU in under a year!

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
I have discovered that my GPU in my PC is dead which I ordered in January... Do you guys think I can get a replacement?

EDIT: It is a 560ti, when the PC switches on it makes a high pitch noise...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey mate, gutted to hear about your issue.

i think it would be best to call up PCS directly. The forums even though they are great are not an official channel of support, and in this case isnt much more we can say, other than call PCS if you are in warranty you should (if its faulty) get a replacement.

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
Thanks guys. This is incredibly odd though, because it only stops working when I plug in the DVI cable, when I use the VGA cable it works fine. And both cables are in working condition, the actual GPU messes up with the DVI plugged in. Do you think I will have to send the GPU back?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks guys. This is incredibly odd though, because it only stops working when I plug in the DVI cable, when I use the VGA cable it works fine. And both cables are in working condition, the actual GPU messes up with the DVI plugged in. Do you think I will have to send the GPU back?

As Tom mentioned you should try to call technical support to find out what is wrong with your gpu, you could try a clean installation of drivers to see if that solves the problem.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, it does sound odd.

I cannot think of anything to suggest other than calling pcs.

maybe a drive update? or driver uninstall and clean install would be better?

infact, when using the dvi cable, go in the nvida control panel, and check that the monitor is showing up there. I wonder if it could be an issue with the monitor not the gpu?

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
hmm, it does sound odd.

I cannot think of anything to suggest other than calling pcs.

maybe a drive update? or driver uninstall and clean install would be better?

infact, when using the dvi cable, go in the nvida control panel, and check that the monitor is showing up there. I wonder if it could be an issue with the monitor not the gpu?

It can't be, because when I do plug it in after it is switched on, the PC switches off. This is so strange...

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just a thought,are you unplugging the VGA cable before plugging in the DVI cable,also best not to do this while PC is on.

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
Just a thought,are you unplugging the VGA cable before plugging in the DVI cable,also best not to do this while PC is on.

Even when plugging the DVI cable in before the computer starts, the GPU still makes that hissing noise.

topcat5665

Silver Level Poster
I am now running from the motherboard integrated graphics. When I used the VGA cable with the GPU, it would work at first, but then the image on the screen would start to blur up... Anyway, it is working for now without my good GPU.

steaky360

+1 To calling PCS - also, it certainly is possible for a GPU to have issues with the DVI port but not the VGA port - could just be an issue with some settings somewhere though - as said, call PCS and they will point you in the right direction and get to the bottom of it (whether that is fixing it over the phone or getting an RMA issued for you!)