CPU fan error

adamnodder

Bronze Level Poster
Stresstestduring.png

this was during the test, i didn't clean the cpu before putting it on as it was brand new?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 40861

this was during the test, i didn't clean the cpu before putting it on as it was brand new?
So what's changed as this is an entirely different result?

If you've changed anything then whatever it was seems to have corrected it.

If you haven't changed anything, it may point to intermittent failure of the pump.

But those results are really healthy, that's exactly how it should be.

adamnodder

Bronze Level Poster
So what's changed as this is an entirely different result?

If you've changed anything then whatever it was seems to have corrected it.

If you haven't changed anything, it may point to intermittent failure of the pump.

But those results are really healthy, that's exactly how it should be.
That last photo was 2 minutes into the test, the first photo i put was about 30 seconds after i didn’t even make it to ten minutes. The cpu went from 63c to 90c within seconds. Is this normal during the stress test?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That last photo was 2 minutes into the test, the first photo i put was about 30 seconds after i didn’t even make it to ten minutes. The cpu went from 63c to 90c within seconds. Is this normal during the stress test?
The first photo was this morning though wasn't it. In that one it was overheating over the thermal limit.

This latest one is completely different and looks really healthy, but then you haven't left it for 10 minutes, so it's not valid. You need to take the screenshot after 10 minutes. But the second image is looking far healthier.

I've explained possible reasons for it above but you haven't responded to the questions.

adamnodder

Bronze Level Poster
The first photo was this morning though wasn't it. In that one it was overheating over the thermal limit.

This latest one is completely different and looks really healthy, but then you haven't left it for 10 minutes, so it's not valid. You need to take the screenshot after 10 minutes. But the second image is looking far healthier.

I've explained possible reasons for it above but you haven't responded to the questions.
You asked me if i had taken a screenshot during the test and that was it. Previously i only put the end result screenshot in, probably why you’re getting confused.

I ran the test for a solid 3 minutes before the temps went to 90, they didn’t slowly increase they seemed to just dramatically increase instantly.

I can run it for ten minutes now but it went over the thermal limit so i aborted before doing any damage.

And no i havent changed anything to the thermal paste, cooler etc..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You asked me if i had taken a screenshot during the test and that was it. Previously i only put the end result screenshot in, probably why you’re getting confused.

I ran the test for a solid 3 minutes before the temps went to 90, they didn’t slowly increase they seemed to just dramatically increase instantly.

I can run it for ten minutes now but it went over the thermal limit so i aborted before doing any damage.

And no i havent changed anything to the thermal paste, cooler etc..
I'm confused though, the second image doesn't show any overheating at all, like not even a hint of it

So the overheating happened between 2 minutes and 3 minutes when you ended the test?

In that case, there's something wrong with the cooler, either it's not properly installed and the cables aren't seated correctly, or it's failed.

Yeah, you're right, no need to test again, sorry, I didn't really understand what the second image was related to time wise.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, you don't want to run any more tests, the cooling isn't working, you'll damage the processor.

You only need to take one screenshot while the test is still running after 10 minutes as it tracks from the moment the test is started through until the screenshot.

But don't use the PC in that state or you risk damaging it.

adamnodder

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, you don't want to run any more tests, the cooling isn't working, you'll damage the processor.

You only need to take one screenshot while the test is still running after 10 minutes as it tracks from the moment the test is started through until the screenshot.

But don't use the PC in that state or you risk damaging it.
When gaming it doesnt get over 74c so it must still be working as theres cool air coming from the case?

Do you have a good suggestion for a 240mm cooler?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When gaming it doesnt get over 74c so it must still be working as theres cool air coming from the case?
Cool air is a bad sign, not good. Cool air means the heat isn't being transferred. The air coming out of the computer should get hotter under load.

So need to know what’s on the CPU_Fan header, is it the pump or the fans?

You never responded if the pump header and fan headers were correctly inserted into the motherboard? Is the cooler definitely properly installed?

adamnodder

Bronze Level Poster
I’l have to double check it tomorrow, it’s been like it since PCS built it though so i would assume its correctly installed. Will let you know tomorrow.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’l have to double check it tomorrow, it’s been like it since PCS built it though so i would assume its correctly installed. Will let you know tomorrow.
You’ve worked on it though, the leads are quite short, when you removed the heatsink it’s quite possible the pump header has come loose.

And what paste did you use out of interest?