computer fans and leds still on after shutdown

Hi everyone, I recently bought a pc from here and im having an issue where the leds and fans are still on after i shutdown the pc. I have tried multiple potential solutions for this issue and none of them have worked. If anyone can help me that would be great, thanks.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm assuming it's still connected to the mains, and the PSU switch is still on?

If so, it'll be one of the motherboard settings in the BIOS which allows a small amount of power to the motherboard whilst suspended to allow it to wake via LAN or other remote start options.

If you can post your full configuration from your account page (minus any Windows activation codes), I'm sure someone will be able to provide the steps/settings you need if you want to disable them.

In the meantime, I'll ask the mods to move this to the Technical Support section.

1707234481853.png

these are my pc specifications, let me know if anything other information is needed. Thanks.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

i have set that to aura off when i turn my computer off, will let you know how it goes, thanks.

If you can copy and paste the specs? Does depend on case and other things as well?
case - PCS LUMIN ARGB MID TOWER CASE
motherboard - ASUS® ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II
cpu - Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900KF
ram - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
gpu - 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 founders
ssd - 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
power supply - CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
cpu cooler - PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
operating system - windows 11

is there anything else i need to list? thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
case - PCS LUMIN ARGB MID TOWER CASE
motherboard - ASUS® ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II
cpu - Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900KF
ram - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
gpu - 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 founders
ssd - 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
power supply - CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
cpu cooler - PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
operating system - windows 11

is there anything else i need to list? thanks.
Can you copy and past the full specs please from the order page?

Don't need to do anything with it other than remove the windows key if it's there, just simple copy and paste the whole thing from the account.

Can you copy and past the full specs please from the order page?

Don't need to do anything with it other than remove the windows key if it's there, just simple copy and paste the whole thing from the account.
sorry forthe late reply, this is the copy and pasted list from the page

Case PCS LUMIN ARGB MID TOWER CASE (PWM)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900KF (Up to 6.0GHz) 36MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II (LGA1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 7)
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card ONBOARD LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card NOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
sorry forthe late reply, this is the copy and pasted list from the page

Case PCS LUMIN ARGB MID TOWER CASE (PWM)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900KF (Up to 6.0GHz) 36MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI II (LGA1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 7)
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card ONBOARD LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card NOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

Thanks.
I have no idea what that case is as it isn't in the configurator so unable to comment on the case

But yes, you'd need Asus Armory crate to control anything connected to the mobo like the cooler. The Aura off in the BIOS should turn them off when it's in sleep.

Unfortunately the build is not well balanced and is never going to perform optimally. It's always worth getting advice if you don't understand hardware, it's not the case that you can just put any components together.

I have no idea what that case is as it isn't in the configurator so unable to comment on the case

But yes, you'd need Asus Armory crate to control anything connected to the mobo like the cooler. The Aura off in the BIOS should turn them off when it's in sleep.

Unfortunately the build is not well balanced and is never going to perform optimally. It's always worth getting advice if you don't understand hardware, it's not the case that you can just put any components together.
What’s not well balanced with the build? Would this effect the fans and leds still being on after shutdown?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'd like to come at this from a different angle - just in cases. It might be that Windows hasn't really shutdown and some service is keeping it active. To check that I'd suggest you try shutting down via the command prompt. Enter the following command...
Code:
shutdown /s /f /t 00
The /s switch tells Windows to shutdown. The /f switch forces all running applications to close (without saving data). The /t 00 command does it right now with no delay.

If you still see the LEDs and fans on then it's not Windows failing to fully shutdown, but if it all switches off then it's a Windows app or service failing to close.

iSidiou5

Forgive me for chiming in, but I would also be interested in where you think the build might be not well balanced?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The cooler and the case are not sufficient. You’ll have thermal throttling on the cpu due to the cooler and the case will likely result in gpu throttling

I'd like to come at this from a different angle - just in cases. It might be that Windows hasn't really shutdown and some service is keeping it active. To check that I'd suggest you try shutting down via the command prompt. Enter the following command...
Code:
shutdown /s /f /t 00
The /s switch tells Windows to shutdown. The /f switch forces all running applications to close (without saving data). The /t 00 command does it right now with no delay.

If you still see the LEDs and fans on then it's not Windows failing to fully shutdown, but if it all switches off then it's a Windows app or service failing to close.
thanks, I will try this tonight when i turn my pc off.