AMD CrossFire Problems (Radeon HD6770 x2)

Infernox

Hello.
The other day I logged onto my PC and my display had changed from 1920x1080 to a maximum 1400x1050, I attempted to access Catalyst Control Center but could not, receiving an error along the lines of 'No settings can currently be altered'
I have had this error before so carried out the usual process of fully uninstalling CCC, rebooting and reinstalling.
Doing so resolved the resolution and access issues but reverted my CrossFire settings to 'Disabled.' Upon re enabling CrossFire and hitting 'Apply' the system immediately reverted to disabled.

Since then I have dully uninstalled CCC, rebooted, uninstalled my Display Drivers, removed and replaced the Graphics Cards themselves, and swapped them around. Both work individually so I don't think either is fault.
On my last attempt CCC told me that my CrossFire bridge was not correctly inserted, it is and I have reinserted it multiple times.
Any ideas?

Processor: Intel i5-2500k @3.30GHz (Quad-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67
Graphics Cards: Radeon HD6770 x2

baron75mk2

Banned
could the crossfire bridge have become damaged ?

if not when you uninstall the drivers use a program called "your uninstaller" or "driver sweeper" or both , this will completely remove CCC & the driver (including all registry entries) radeon drivers are notorious for leaving stuff behind so when you re-install the issue will persist as the reg entries & half the driver are still in there.