Advice :)

Xii_Damian

Bronze Level Poster
Okay :) I'm new here but hey I'm Damian, I kind of need a pc on short notice an heard you guys are good, but with me having been sucked into my xbox lately tech changed alot an I don't know whats good an bad anymore, I was an still am a AMD&ATi fanboy,

so advise me, 1055t or 1090t I know 1090t obv being amd's top end-ish atm, has more over clocking power but is that much really needed if all the pc is for is playing the odd game an live streaming?

ATi HD 5770 x2 is this a good combo for playing a new MMO (Final Fantasy XiV)
or would I be better buying
ATi HD 5830/5850 (x1) at the possible chance of buying another at a much later date (3-4months)
** If I got 5770(x2) I could buy another in a month a run three but there isn't any bench marking for this around so I couldn't guess at performing

also would you agree 5770x2 = A little bit better than a 5830

8GB Corsair XMS3 - Is this just one stick or 2x4,4x2, with AMD being dual channel, I'd prefer 4x2 ?

Crosshair IV Form -worth the money or be cheap an get a PRO/EVO ?

Also is there any good wireless bulit in cards for desktops?

Sorry for poor spelling etc, also is there a list of delivery options anywhere?

Thanks Xii_D

Meds

Hi Damien,

Welcome to the forums.

I would advise you to have a single GPU, preferably the 5850 as this will give you much better performance than the 5830 or 2 x 5770's for little extra cash. Depending on your budget, you will be able to save a little opting for the 1055T as to be honest, the 1090T doesn't really offer that much more power if you are going to overclock. After reading around on numerous websites, the 1055T can be overclocked just as well as the 1090T.

The RAM will be 4 x 2GB modules.

The advantage of the Crosshair IV Motherboard is that they have a BIOS designed for overclocking and it does support upto 3 ATI Graphics Cards running at once. However, if working to a budget there really is no point wasting extra cash on this board unless you will definitely utilize the 3 way Crossfire capabilities.

There is an option for a Wireless N Network PCI Card - £16 extra.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Xii_Damian

Bronze Level Poster
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE (£59)
AMD PHENOM II X6 1055T (2.80GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3/125W)
ASUS® CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, R.O GAMER
8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DOMINATOR DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5850 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
640GB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD6400AARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
CORSAIR 650W PSU (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET (£76)
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER
WIRELESS N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

All looking good?, would this class as a mid-high gaming rig?
Is that case cold enough to OC the CPU an GPU, will that CPU cooler be better than stock by much?
How do we think it will perform, could it push Crysis on Ultra?

Thing's I might add at a later date,
Soundcard - Any highly rated ones?
Speakers - Anything highly rated good bass?
A 2nd HD 5850?

** What ATI HD5850 producer do you use xfx,his,asus etc ? **

steveuk87

Super Star
personlly i would remove the memory card reader and spend that extra couple of pound on RAID 0 (2 identical HDD) just my 2 cence

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
haha it is a small world yeah, you live in the wirral aswell?? think the admins might get a bit scared too many "scousers" building up, their alloys may go missing :p

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
haha it is a small world yeah, you live in the wirral aswell?? think the admins might get a bit scared too many "scousers" building up, their alloys may go missing :p

Steve

Haha, well if all the HTML tags are missing from the website when we come to work one day we know who to look for!

steveuk87

Super Star
haha HTML theives >.> haha yeah i know claughton Village i used to go to the sixth form college there, and work in the bookies there also :p Gorman, you avatar looks very tempting wonder how much i would get on the BM for it ;)

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
Nooo

129069486374799722.jpg