Wireless Access Point on Existing Hardwired Ethernet Cabl

What sort of Access point do I need need to connect to an existing hardwired Ethernet cable please

I want to enable wireless connection to a Pixma ts5100 Printer that only has USB Type 2 and wireless connection capability, and cannot use the ethernet cable

Thanks
Paul W

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You just need a basic wireless access point. Amazon have several, just search for wireless access point.

Sent using Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
And this will connect onto my existing hardwired ethernet cable ?
If you buy an access point with an Ethernet socket, yes. Something like this perhaps? https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL...=wireless+access+point&qid=1580143670&sr=8-25

You'll see in the product description that this access point supports PoE (Power Over Ethernet) which means your Ethernet cable will supply not just your network signals but the power that the access point needs. PoE makes it possible to put the access point in locations where there is no mains power available.

Edit: To use PoE you will also need a power injector or a PoE capable router/switch.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
not explaining this very well.
I need a wireless access point that is connected to the hub via an ethernet cable
And thats what I've described. If you have an Ethernet cable that is ultimately connected to the Internet via your router you plug that Ethernet cable into a wireless access point.

Sent using Tapatalk