WINDOWS CREDENTIALS

HASBEEN65

Anybody able to advise where I can find windows security credentials on my new mini PC? Microsft support managed to stuff settings when I was wanting to link to my old PC by LAN cable?

D

Deleted member 17413

What do you mean its stuffed up? What is it doing? What is it you were trying to do?
Did you buy with an OS or have you used your old pc's copy on the new machine?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Have you tried typing 'Windows Credentials' into your start search bar? That gives me a full list and editable control also......

HASBEEN65

Hi Went to the credentials manager on the new PC but nothing in the windows credentials section. Could add a new credential but not sure I know what I'm doing! They ask for internet or network address but not sure I know what they mean exactly ie which PC etc.
I spoke to microsoft to ask but techie launched into changing all permissions, ignored requests for credentials and then after an hour and three quarters disappeared! Anyway will get some help from support hopefully! Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Went to the credentials manager on the new PC but nothing in the windows credentials section. Could add a new credential but not sure I know what I'm doing! They ask for internet or network address but not sure I know what they mean exactly ie which PC etc.
I spoke to microsoft to ask but techie launched into changing all permissions, ignored requests for credentials and then after an hour and three quarters disappeared! Anyway will get some help from support hopefully! Thanks
What number did you call them on? This could well be a hoax call that you’ve just been on.

What we’re you phoning them about?

Bhuna50

Author Level
This really does sound like a potential hoax - like some of the people that kitboga deals with :D

HASBEEN65

Hi. Microsoft official site. Used the chat box which gives you option to request call back if they cant answer query. Also have had the usual feedback requests. I re accessed microsoft support and as I had a case number got them to go into system but anyway -should have been straightforward to link two pc's on same network by single lan cable. Thanks for concerns!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi. Microsoft official site. Used the chat box which gives you option to request call back if they cant answer query. Also have had the usual feedback requests. I re accessed microsoft support and as I had a case number got them to go into system but anyway -should have been straightforward to link two pc's on same network by single lan cable. Thanks for concerns!
You can’t link 2 PCs with a network cable, you need to have a switch or router in the middle.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You can’t link 2 PCs with a network cable, you need to have a switch or router in the middle.
You can with a special crossover cable, but these days that's a clumsy way to do it.

TBH I'm struggling to understand what it is the the OP is trying to accomplish? It might be better for the OP to tell us what they're trying to do instead of what they think they need.