What phones are you using?

samwil

Enthusiast
My history of phones.

Samsung G600
BlackBerry (the mainstream one) - just checked, it was the 8520, can I have ur pin?
iPhone 5S
Samsung S6 Edge
Sony Xperia XA
Sony Xperia X2 Compact
Samsung S10e.

As you can see, I've tried pretty much the range except chinese phones.

Best phone ive had for relative to its competition at the time? It's a tie between the 5s and the 10e for me. From unboxing the 5s to the end of its days I loved it.
So far the 10e has been a great experience and to me it should be the top price point for mobiles, I pay no more than 700 quid for a mobile. They used to be like 150 for the best one out there so it's gotten a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, thoroughly recommend the 10e, does everything, its simple, clean and a reputable manufacturer, with all the features youd ever need I.m.o.

What are you guys running at the moment and do you have any personal favourites or highlights? I did have my brothers Nokia, the blue and orange one before the G600, but for a very short time and I was quite young so I cant really remember much about it.

So yeah, current handsets people?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've made the rounds, tend not to get bogged down by a specific platform, although in recent years I have been more directed toward Apple for security reasons.

Sony Ericsson P900 - Old Symbian OS - Restrictive OS just before IOS and Android started hitting the scenes.
HTC Universal - Windows Mobile 5 - Best phone I've ever had, way ahead of it's time!!! This thing was a work of genius.
Then a few crappy windows mobile phones that aren't worth mentioning.
Iphone 3g - IOS
Samsung Galaxy Note - Android - Horribly cheap parts and poor software, had to change batteries about 3 times over 2 years because they kept dying.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra - Android - Amazing phone let down by poor software
Iphone 6S Plus - IOS
Iphone X - IOS
Iphone XS Plus - IOS

samwil

Enthusiast
I've made the rounds, tend not to get bogged down by a specific platform, although in recent years I have been more directed toward Apple for security reasons.

Sony Ericsson P900 - Old Symbian OS - Restrictive OS just before IOS and Android started hitting the scenes.
HTC Universal - Windows Mobile 5 - Best phone I've ever had, way ahead of it's time!!! This thing was a work of genius.
Then a few crappy windows mobile phones that aren't worth mentioning.
Iphone 3g - IOS
Samsung Galaxy Note - Android - Horribly cheap parts and poor software, had to change batteries about 3 times over 2 years because they kept dying.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra - Android - Amazing phone let down by poor software
Iphone 6S Plus - IOS
Iphone X - IOS
Iphone XS Plus - IOS

Yeah if you bought into the early gen galaxy phones can see why youd consistently switch to iPhone.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and my wife uses a basic S9. Prior to that I was on a S6, before that a Sony Xperia Z1 and before that a Huawei model I can't remember (cheap though). The S9+ is a delight, as was the S6 in its time.

mishra

Rising Star
Nokia 3310 - who hasn't got it ?! :p
Ericsson R310s - waterproof, shockproof, indestructible - all the rage around 2000s
Siemens SL45i - my very first phone to play MP3 - amazing!
Motorola Razr - most beautiful phone ever! period!
Nokia Symbian based with a stylus - can't remember the name, it was poo
Sony Ericsson W800 - another amazing phone for music lovers
HTC Hero - tried android for 1st time but it was terrible
Apple iPhone 4s - that phone I had for like 5 years - until it refused to install Spotify (due to OS age)
Sony Z5 Compact - a great phone, it's 4 years old but the battery still lasts almost 2 days. If not for the camera I would keep it for longer.

... now then I need a new phone. Need something on the smaller size, with a decent camera and audio jack. Any ideas?
I've been looking at Pixel 3a and also waiting for iPhone SE2.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nokia 3310 - who hasn't got it ?! :p
Ericsson R310s - waterproof, shockproof, indestructible - all the rage around 2000s
Siemens SL45i - my very first phone to play MP3 - amazing!
Motorola Razr - most beautiful phone ever! period!
Nokia Symbian based with a stylus - can't remember the name, it was poo
Sony Ericsson W800 - another amazing phone for music lovers
HTC Hero - tried android for 1st time but it was terrible
Apple iPhone 4s - that phone I had for like 5 years - until it refused to install Spotify (due to OS age)
Sony Z5 Compact - a great phone, it's 4 years old but the battery still lasts almost 2 days. If not for the camera I would keep it for longer.

... now then I need a new phone. Need something on the smaller size, with a decent camera and audio jack. Any ideas?
I've been looking at Pixel 3a and also waiting for iPhone SE2.
iPhone se2 is gonna be pretty good I’d say.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
S9+ here. Would love the S10 but can't justify it mid-contract. It looks like an amazing phone.

The only time I've ever used an apple was to prop up my phone while watching Netflix...... ate it once I was done though.

samwil

Enthusiast
S9+ here. Would love the S10 but can't justify it mid-contract. It looks like an amazing phone.

The only time I've ever used an apple was to prop up my phone while watching Netflix...... ate it once I was done though.

Following the release of the Pixel 4 specs the s10 line are phones of the year contenders I.m.o, iphone release doesnt look amazing. Chinese manufacturers are also lagging a bit this year, oneplus has taken a few side steps arguably backwards moves.

But yeah I wouldn't upgrade from an S9.

Looks like theres generally less innovation these days as practically a mobile is doing everything it can do with current configurations and hardware, samsung takes the prize this year like I said anyway, some very logical, practical design moves means there top for now, but will wait and see.

In regards to the SE2, if it releases, from what ive read that's a big If, I'd seriously consider switching, my preference has always been more compact phones hence the xz1 compact, even though I'm 6ft with fairly large hands I just prefer the smaller form factor.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This was my first ever phone....

200-series-md.jpg

turbocool

Galaxy s8, I may upgrade to a second hand galaxy s9 when it gets cheap enough.

I never spent much money on phones. The last phone I got brand new was a iPhone 3s on contract when contracts made sense and phones werent super expensive.

Nowadays these phones are stupid money. Fetching close to £1K and the price drops to £300-£400 in a year.

HotDogMan

My favourite phones were the Nexus models, I absolutely loved those but when support stopped in 2018 I've struggled to find a phone I enjoy as much.

Im currently using one of the Nokia's on the Android one program but it doesn't touch the Nexus models.

I've tried loads of phones too, iPhones, Samsung's, Moto plays and even tried the wileyfox line but none are as good as Nexus, I'm yet to try a pixel as the price annoys me for what you get Vs the Nexus phones, I'm sure I'll find something I like again some day...

LP3305

My bedside drawer looks like an apple shop circa 2016 😂
iPhone 5c (Dropped onto a driveway, believe that something moved as Screen wouldn’t turn on, but would still ring when called)
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6
iPhone 8 (current phone)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
We trade ours in here. There's a shop that pays for old and working phones - not much but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I believe they're refurbished and sent to Africa.

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
My first one was a sony ericsson T100

Can't really remember the ones i had after but last 3 phones were

Sony Z3 which lasted me almost 5 years and it's still going but I'd rather not use it

I had a Xiaomi mi 8 pro for 2 weeks and returned it because it kept crashing while writing emails or surfing on web

Current phone is samsung galaxy s20 and I absolutely love it 😀

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sony Z3 which lasted me almost 5 years and it's still going but I'd rather not use it
I've still got the Sony Z Ultra, was my favorite phone for a long time. Had a cradle charger instead of plugging in. Unfortunately the bundles OS was absolutely awful and buggy as hell, so you were pretty much forced to install custom ROM's which were much better.

Loved that phone!