rich1175

Sleinous

Author Level
I have the board, I like it, only downside imo is price & only 1 internal usb header meaning you need an NZXT IU01 expansion module if you want to connect a 52in1 card reader AND all your frontal USBs AND the Back plate USB 2.0 and eSata expander that ASUS gives you with the motherboard. If you have 4 frontal USBs you need 2 headers (2 frontals for one header), you need a header for teh card reader and a header for the back plate , so 4 headers required, only 3 on one NZXT IU01 expander so you need 2 expanders.

KustomPC sell them.

Apart from that, this is really an extreme gamers board, Quad SLI etc etc, I quite like the board.

[email protected]

Thanks for that, bit confused about the header bit. Iv plugged a usb card reader in which seems to work ok. Two of .my usb sockets on front don't work though?

Sleinous

Author Level
Yes this is because there is only one USB header, NONE of your frontal USBs will work, until you buy this:

http://kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3418.html

Watch my vid on YT if you want help installing it.

Until you buy this you can only have the card reader plugged in OR 2 frontal USBs OR the backplate provided with your ASUS R3 board, I imagine you received this yes?

Sleinous

Author Level
all rear is normal, theyre connected directly to mobo.

You cant have an ASUS Rampage III if you have two functional USBs at the front AND the 52in1 card reader.

Or is it not a 52in1 card reader? What is the make & model of your card reader, it may not be one that plugs into a usb header.

Either way, to get the other 2 frontals working, you need that expander

Sleinous

Author Level
Ah usb plug in. not internal, this is why. So ye 2 of ur frontals work becoz one cable is plugged into the header, the other 2 wont till u buy that expander