Recoil V 15.6"

Vergaro98

Super Star
I bought this laptop on 09-04-2021 and I received on 04-05-2021 so I'm really happy that the timing was respected and the packaging was great. The laptop is very solid and well constructed, I love the mechanical keyboard and I really like the esthetics. I'm really impressed of his performance (I've the version with 5900hx and 3070) and before this I cannot believe that a laptop could reach this peak of power. The battery is great and the charger works properly. I'm very satisfied and I'll buy from them in the future for sure!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20210504_140254_1.jpg
    MVIMG_20210504_140254_1.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 472
  • MVIMG_20210504_140245_1.jpg
    MVIMG_20210504_140245_1.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 472
  • MVIMG_20210504_140313_1_1.jpg
    MVIMG_20210504_140313_1_1.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

Mnemonic

Bronze Level Poster
Hi @Vergaro98 - I have ordered the same machine (a Recoil with the 5900HX and 3070). I have a couple of questions:

1. Does it ever miss keystrokes? I read in another review that it sometimes misses keystrokes unless the key is pressed right down. I understand that this could just be due to his/her typing style.
  2. Is the keyboard loud when typing?
  3. When the laptop goes in to "sleep" mode, does it wake up okay?

Vergaro98

Super Star
For my typing style I didn't have any problems; the keyboard isn't really loud, surely more than a membrane keyboard but nothing too serious. For sleep mode I never used it so I don't have any idea. The laptop works perfectly so I could assume that sleep mode works too but I can't confirm it because I don't have the laptop with me until Friday.

Mnemonic

Bronze Level Poster
For my typing style I didn't have any problems; the keyboard isn't really loud, surely more than a membrane keyboard but nothing too serious. For sleep mode I never used it so I don't have any idea. The laptop works perfectly so I could assume that sleep mode works too but I can't confirm it because I don't have the laptop with me until Friday.

Many thanks for for the reply!
Mine is in "testing" at the moment, so hopefully should be delivered early in the week. Can't wait!

vorken

Hi @Vergaro98 - I have ordered the same machine (a Recoil with the 5900HX and 3070). I have a couple of questions:

1. Does it ever miss keystrokes? I read in another review that it sometimes misses keystrokes unless the key is pressed right down. I understand that this could just be due to his/her typing style.
  2. Is the keyboard loud when typing?
  3. When the laptop goes in to "sleep" mode, does it wake up okay?
I have the same laptop and indeed I misstype occasionally because of the keyboard. Have to learn to type again. Most disappointing part is that you can't press Space at just one side with the big finger of right hand. Keyboard is not loud, but Clevo laptop I had before was better.
Regarding sleep - I do have problems. Sometimes when laptop sleeps, it completely powers off by itself. And the only way to start again is to plug it off from a charger. Very annoying part.