Problems with the RGBs!!

Virtualoso

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone might know of a simple fix to this..

I set up my RGBs for my whole rig through iCUE, however it seems when the system boots you and shuts down it has an entirely different RGB setup going on. Is this something I need to change through the BIOS?

thanks!

Virtualoso

Hi guys; this is so bizarre. When I load up a game, it defaults to this RGB colour setup that came when I first received the computer.

In essence: I create a RGB profile through iCUE and link all RGBs together HOWEVER, when I play a game or turn off and turn on the computer, all the RGBs change to random setups.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys; this is so bizarre. When I load up a game, it defaults to this RGB colour setup that came when I first received the computer.

In essence: I create a RGB profile through iCUE and link all RGBs together HOWEVER, when I play a game or turn off and turn on the computer, all the RGBs change to random setups.
The RGB profiles will only load while iCue is running, it's software set, it doesn't get pushed out to firmware anywhere. So if iCue isn't running then it will change to the default colours.

Is iCue set to always run, or are you actually exiting it?

Are you definitely on the latest version of iCue?

Virtualoso

Hi! Thanks for the help here.

How do I make sure it’s running at all times? From boot to shutdown?

And does this mean that, when I boot and shut down I have to put up with the random RGB changes? As I can get it working (like you said when iCUE) is open) but once the computer starts shutting down and booting up it’s just random RGB mess aha.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi! Thanks for the help here.

How do I make sure it’s running at all times? From boot to shutdown?

And does this mean that, when I boot and shut down I have to put up with the random RGB changes? As I can get it working (like you said when iCUE) is open) but once the computer starts shutting down and booting up it’s just random RGB mess aha.
It's a windows service so will only run whilst windows is running. It won't run when windows is shutting down or booting. There's no way to make it do that.

Virtualoso

Sorry Spydertracks, one more question if I may..

I can't seem to keep iCUE running in the background when I load up a game. I've gone onto backgrounds apps, and it doesn't show as an option.. Any advice?

Thanks!

Virtualoso

Not sure what you mean by this? Can you take a screenshot?

Essentially, I load up iCUE and it recognises my profile and then I minimise it and run a game and iCUE just closes and my RGBs go back to default. So I bring up background apps on windows and iCUE doesn’t ever show.

Attachments

• 447FEF88-20A1-478B-8A33-9207D1D2BCB4.jpeg
    447FEF88-20A1-478B-8A33-9207D1D2BCB4.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 180

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Essentially, I load up iCUE and it recognises my profile and then I minimise it and run a game and iCUE just closes and my RGBs go back to default. So I bring up background apps on windows and iCUE doesn’t ever show.
Even if you close the window, it will still be running as it’s a service, should be in your running programs in the bottom right of windows desktop. You don’t need to keep the window open.

If the service is actually shutting down when you run a game then either iCue needs an update or there’s something wrong with the configuration. You can set iCue to apply different profiles when a game is run so maybe that’s been enabled?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had this happen the other day. It was down to me setting up a program to activate the profile. You need to make sure that this is definitely clear.

Given that it's your first attempt with all this, my advice is to uninstall iCue altogether, re-install it and start from scratch.

Create a profile, nothing fancy, just set all the colours to what you want.... save, exit, reboot and see if it sticks.

Virtualoso

Thanks all!

move disabled plug-ins, reinstalled and set up a simple RGB profile across all devices.

Shame the RGBs only kick in once you log-in, until then you have to put up with some random colour combinations

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks all!

move disabled plug-ins, reinstalled and set up a simple RGB profile across all devices.

Shame the RGBs only kick in once you log-in, until then you have to put up with some random colour combinations

Yes, that's to do with both the admin elevation and the service. You need to be logged in for the service to start, but when the system is locked out the permission is required to run the service. This was one of my biggest gripes as I previously used Remote Desktop a lot. As soon as I would log in via remote, it would kick out the iCue service as this wasn't allowed. It would then default to the standard profile. Not good if I was doing something CPU intensive. I use moonlight now to bypass this issue.

Now that you have it working, feel free to mess around with all the features to get it running how you like. You know the easy way to fix it if anything goes wrong now :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks Scott - so to confirm the above, I can't change how the RGBs 'react' upon booting up and shutting down?

When the system is booting.... the service isn't running so you will have the default RGB pattern.
When the system is shutting down....... the service is stopped, so you will have the default RGB pattern.

As soon as you are logged in, the service will run and your last profile will load. At this point it should look as per your settings.