Power Source Weak

MrWilson

Godlike
You want your OS (Windows) and Programs (Office, Atticus etc) on your fastest drive possible, which in this case sounds like your 1TB Intel SSD.
You can run solely off the SSD if you want, but you should be aware that you only want your primary drive to be at up to 50% capacity, as it will start to slow down significantly as it gets fuller than that.
If you have a large amount of videos, music or files it might be worth considering adding in a hard drive for cheap, reliable mass storage, but if the amounts are small, sticking with a USB or external hard drive won’t be a problem.

luclyo

You want your OS (Windows) and Programs (Office, Atticus etc) on your fastest drive possible, which in this case sounds like your 1TB Intel SSD.
You can run solely off the SSD if you want, but you should be aware that you only want your primary drive to be at up to 50% capacity, as it will start to slow down significantly as it gets fuller than that.
If you have a large amount of videos, music or files it might be worth considering adding in a hard drive for cheap, reliable mass storage, but if the amounts are small, sticking with a USB or external hard drive won’t be a problem.
Thanks for your advice - it makes sense to me. I wouldn't want all my files on a USB stick, partly for ease of use. Could you recommend a secondary drive here? Would the primary drive be C: and the other one D:?

MrWilson

Godlike
Is this a PC you have recently bought or are you in the process of configuring a new one to buy? Either way I would recommend the 1TB or 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. If you are in the process of configuring a PC we can give you advice on the whole build if you would like that too.

luclyo

I'm wanting to buy a new one and have had help recently - here's the proposed spec...it's over what I wanted to spend but think it will be worth it

Just a note - on the spec I printed out, the Hard drive is different: 1TB Intel 670p M2 NVMe PCIe SSD. Please could you advise which HD to get?
Thanks so much

luclyo

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Six Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.4GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6600 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00027]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days
Price: £1,107.00 including VAT and Delivery