Please Help. Computer Error Problem

rjh42

I have Windows 7. About once or twice a day when using the computer the screen goes completely black for a couple of seconds and it recovers after a few seconds. Then a message pops up. I will upload the error message in a screenshot:

$

I'm not sure how to fix this problem and what the problem is. It's worrying. If anyone could help I would be ever so grateful. Thank you.

rjh42

I use Avast. I just did a scan with Malwarebytes with the Rootkits options ticked, and it found nothing.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The error seems to be coming from a module called LogiOverlay.exe and research suggests that's related to a Logitech device. What Logitech devices do you use?

rjh42

Thank you! I do use Logitech mice. My current one is a Logitech Mouse M510. Why could the mouse be the problem? And how can I fix it?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you can, try a different mouse, preferably wired, and see whether that stops the error.

If you can't do that, first change the batteries in the mouse (that's always the first thing when you have problems). Then visit the Logitech site and download the latest driver and control software for your mouse. Then uninstall the mouse in Device Manager and delete the driver when asked. Then use Programs and Features to delete any other Logitech software still present. Then reboot and install the driver and control software you downloaded. See whether that helps.

Sent using Tapatalk

rjh42

If you can, try a different mouse, preferably wired, and see whether that stops the error.

If you can't do that, first change the batteries in the mouse (that's always the first thing when you have problems). Then visit the Logitech site and download the latest driver and control software for your mouse. Then uninstall the mouse in Device Manager and delete the driver when asked. Then use Programs and Features to delete any other Logitech software still present. Then reboot and install the driver and control software you downloaded. See whether that helps.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thank you. Will try different things and see how it goes. Glad to know that it's just a result of logitech and nothing serious!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thank you. Will try different things and see how it goes. Glad to know that it's just a result of logitech and nothing serious!
Don't celebrate just yet, although the error appears to come from a Logitech module that doesn't guarantee it's not a deeper issue. That said, I avoid Logitech kit, and have done for many years, because their software and drivers quite often cause problems....