PCS Cable Management

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Will people be able to post some pictures of PCS cable management on their builds? Are you happy with the quality?

Sleinous

Author Level
I'm incredibly happy with the build quality. Cables were so neatly tied up I had to undo some of the handy work to get at my two frontal USB cables (to plug them into my NZXT adapter).

Here are a few pics:

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Looks really neat. I have a custom built ancient Q660 go stepping in a Thermaltakte M9 (old, I know). The cable management was cowboy standard.

Gishank

Bright Spark
To be honest whilst the overall quality of the cable management is good in my system which I ordered, I was very disappointed to find several molex, 6/8pin connectors and SATA power cables stuffed into the HDD rack area which proved quite a hinderance when I was installing my own 2 HDD's.

Sleinous

Author Level
To be honest whilst the overall quality of the cable management is good in my system which I ordered, I was very disappointed to find several molex, 6/8pin connectors and SATA power cables stuffed into the HDD rack area which proved quite a hinderance when I was installing my own 2 HDD's.

Problem with those two is that they usually have like 3-4 connectors on one cable, and if you only order one HDD, the top one or bottom one or somethign will be used and you're left with 3 others to lodge somewhere very very near to where the first was connected. =[

Gishank

Bright Spark
Unfortuently I couldn't use the SATA power cables provided (other than the one that was already attached) because they weren't loose enough to manuver them correctly or get them to face the right way, so I decided to use molex adapters.

Sleinous

Author Level
Unfortuently I couldn't use the SATA power cables provided (other than the one that was already attached) because they weren't loose enough to manuver them correctly or get them to face the right way, so I decided to use molex adapters.

I found that i had to unplug the fourth, twit them all back straight then (top hdd) would be the power connector right at the end, second hdd below was 2nd from end etc

MoshiMoshi

Silver Level Poster
Had some trouble when installing my own HDD into the machine. Otherwise, I'm alright with the cable management. I've worked on worse casings like the CM330 Elite.

My SATA power cable for my secondary sticks out oddly due to the angle at which it's been placed. Otherwise, it's okay.

I stuffed the other molex connectors etc into the HDD rack as well. LOL.

Gorman

Author Level
The cable managment differs from case to case, if there is a bundle of wires somewhere then it is because they have to go somewhere :p

Only the high end cases give good cable managment. If your anything like me you will be taking it apart and re running them anyway.

Sleinous

Author Level
You have 2 drives ? Or both on one, never seen that before but use sata if both on one. Some mobos have started to ditch the IDE connector :(

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Quick question, the Corsair Graphite comes with a fan that fits at the back of the case. If someone was to choose the Coolit ECO ALC this also comes with a fan that fits at the back. What do PCS do with the 'excess' fan that came with the case, is this fitted somewhere else?

Sleinous

Author Level
Actually I have checked and have 2 IDE optical drives (both are lightscribe).

OK what motherboard did you order / intend on ordering, as some no longer have an IDE connector on board. I presume you still have an IDE cable to connect both of them? (It will need 2 connectors coming off it, and not a black and blue, need to be 2 black (blue I think is slave) or vica versa, point is you need to have 2 connectors of the same colour coming off, or else one of the 2 will be slave connector and unusable.

I dont think there exists anymore motherboards with more than one IDE connector.