Nova 15.6 3700X

JP92

Hi all,

Received my Nova 2 weeks ago and just finished setting up all my software. I bought the laptop for running demanding programs such as Lumion, Revit and Photoshop due to my work requirements. So far, the performance is incredible. I've not done any benchmarks as yet but just from sitting down and getting to work for a few hours the speeds are a huge improvement on my old machine. Yes the fans get quite loud but actually not as bad as I was expecting, they do a great job of keeping the machine cool. The laptop is of course quite heavy but that doesn't bother me too much as I'm not an on-the-go user as such. Screen and build quality are decent with excellent brightness. All in all I am really happy with it so far, I'll update again in the coming months on my progress with the machine.

JP92

Screenshot_20200924_225416.jpg
Screenshot_20200924_225306.jpg
Screenshot_20200924_225328.jpg

lauwai

Bronze Level Poster
I would advise getting a laptop stand to raise the back at least 2-3ins as the cooling air is drawn in from the vents underneath.

I bought a fairly cheap portable one from Amazon that does the job nicely. It's very sturdy as well.

3.JPG

NoNastyNick

Bronze Level Poster
I've toyed with using a laptop cooling pad (which also raises the laptop,) and I can honestly say there's not that much of a difference with regards to temperatures - although I still use the pad for ergonomics.

That said - I removed the laptop bottom panel and used the cooling pad and Jesus Christ, this was a big difference. Down from 47c idle to 40/41c. Load it reduced from 88c cinebench run to 81c.

Think I need to get a new laptop panel and mod it. This was a Ryzen 3700x

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
I've toyed with using a laptop cooling pad (which also raises the laptop,) and I can honestly say there's not that much of a difference with regards to temperatures - although I still use the pad for ergonomics.

That said - I removed the laptop bottom panel and used the cooling pad and Jesus Christ, this was a big difference. Down from 47c idle to 40/41c. Load it reduced from 88c cinebench run to 81c.

Think I need to get a new laptop panel and mod it. This was a Ryzen 3700x
I have read about other users benefiting hugely from this but then there is the danger of accidentaly shorting something by running it without a bottom panel. Panel modding sounds like a good idea, do you have any idea on where we can get spare parts for the Nova?

NoNastyNick

Bronze Level Poster
I have read about other users benefiting hugely from this but then there is the danger of accidentaly shorting something by running it without a bottom panel. Panel modding sounds like a good idea, do you have any idea on where we can get spare parts for the Nova?

Not too sure personally, I'll reach out and ask PCS and if they're not able to provide one I'll reach out to another manufacturer.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I've seen @SpyderTracks recommending the below site for clevo parts: