New SSD Advice

agh55

Hi, I want to upgrade my SSD ( 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3210MB/sR | 1315MB/sW) } to 1TB . I want it to be a direct swop, plug out, plug new one in.
I'm confused with the number of different types available. I'm not a "gamer" but like to use Photoshop and Lightroom . Can anyone advise which one I should purchase, Thanks

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I want to upgrade my SSD ( 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3210MB/sR | 1315MB/sW) } to 1TB . I want it to be a direct swop, plug out, plug new one in.
I'm confused with the number of different types available. I'm not a "gamer" but like to use Photoshop and Lightroom . Can anyone advise which one I should purchase, Thanks
Is this your primary drive as in is windows on it?

If so, you'll either need to clone the drive or do a fresh windows installation onto the new drive.

Can you post your full specs so we can see what platform you're on?

agh55

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have attached my spec as requested. This is the drive which has Windows on. I will be downloading a new version.

Attachments

• PC Spec.JPG
    PC Spec.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 117

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, thanks for your reply, I have attached my spec as requested. This is the drive which has Windows on. I will be downloading a new version.
So any PCIe 3 NVME would be best, the general consensus is the Samsung 970 evo pro is the one to beat.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Please be aware that the Samsung 980 evo pro got released last week and Amazon are already stocking them. I'm still waiting for it to appear on the PCS configurator.

agh55

Hi, apologies for asking another question, I'm going to purchase the Samsung SSD 970 EVO, the Plus and Pro are outside my budget. I know the pictures of the SSD are actually bigger on the screen than the actual product, but is this a direct replacement for my 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD .It looks very easy to replace, remove one screw /bolt and the SSD lifts out. I'm worried than it may not be the same length.
I have looked at other SSD's and this one receives a good write-up but is cheaper, would any one have a view on which one is better, there is £25 difference between the two.
Adata XPGSX8200 Pro 1TB M.2