NEW PC Stopped working! Help plz

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Are you using DP not HDMI for the monitor? if DP and get no display port found could be same issue I get with mine occasionally. My Asus VG248QE monitor does not fully discharge when turned off using a DP cable but does using HDMI. The work around is to turn on the monitor and then leave it switched on but physically unplug it from your power socket then press the power button on the monitor and then plug it back in and power on again.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have just noticed:

Memory (RAM)
4GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 4GB)

Is that correct? It might not explain your current issue but it will cause issues with playing games down the line for sure.
them specs are just from when i first bought it, but i swapped them out for my own 16gb
Ah cool just checking. Can rule that out then
I beg to disagree, I don't think we can rule RAM out just yet....

@IDarren95 can you please remove the 16GB RAM you installed and replace the 4GB it came with - then let us know if you still have problems?

Note that if you do need to RMA it you'll have to put the 4GB RAM back in anyway.

IDarren95

Are you using DP not HDMI for the monitor? if DP and get no display port found could be same issue I get with mine occasionally. My Asus VG248QE monitor does not fully discharge when turned off using a DP cable but does using HDMI. The work around is to turn on the monitor and then leave it switched on but physically unplug it from your power socket then press the power button on the monitor and then plug it back in and power on again.

I beg to disagree, I don't think we can rule RAM out just yet....

@IDarren95 can you please remove the 16GB RAM you installed and replace the 4GB it came with - then let us know if you still have problems?

Note that if you do need to RMA it you'll have to put the 4GB RAM back in anyway.
I already put the 4gb ram back in but I still have the same issue.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Have you used a different cable to rule out an issue with the cable itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would removing the cmos help ? Seen alot of posts reguarding the white light and gpu issue and removing cmos battery and reinstalling helping ?

IDarren95

That LED being lit indicates an issue with the graphics side of things unsurprisingly.

Did you check all the connectors between the graphics card, motherboard and power supply? Just to make sure none are loose. If I was in your position, I would also remove the graphics card from it's slot, disconnect all the cables and then replace it and reattach the cables.

If all that failed, then it is pointing to a hardware failure/fault and the GPU may need replacing
Yea I've checked all the connectors and I've taken the graphics card out and reinstalled it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Not sure what a CMOS is I'm fairly new to PC's still learning. Will have to look it up.
It's not the CMOS* chip you remove, it's the battery that powers it. It's typically a CR2032 button battery and is very obvious on most motherboards.

Take the battery out wait a few minutes and then replace it. Be sure to get the polarity right and avoid touching it with your bare fingers.

*CMOS stands for complimentary metal oxide semiconductor, it's a chip technology. On a PC the CMOS chip is used to store the BIOS settings when the power is off.

I always call it cmos battery :( but called it cmos for short silly me its the round blue battery on that photo looks like a watch battery has battery wrote underneath it

Attachments

• tufgamingx570plus-board-board.jpg
    tufgamingx570plus-board-board.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 138

IDarren95

Quick update: They asked me to take that battery thing you lot was talking about out and leave it for a couple of mins and see if that works. So yea let you know if it did or not fingers crossed.

(Still not working)

Last edited:

IDarren95

So after I took the CMOS battery out ect and it still wasn't working I pulled out the CPU cable that goes in to the motherboard and put it back in. It then WORKED and took me to the BIOS screen. I clicked continue then it said something about windows 10 failed so it reset and now I'm back to the same issue as before. Won't display anything just says no signal, also my keyboard and mouse lights stay on for a while and then go off.

IDarren95

So, in summary, it seems you have tried/confirmed:

- Monitor and cable work fine with another computer;
- Graphics card is seated correctly and all cables also (checked by removing and reseating);
- Removed CMOS battery;
- Confirmed that the VGA light on the motherboard is lit indicating a GPU error;
- Replaced original RAM to confirm it wasn't faulty new RAM (presuming original RAM wasn't flaky);

I think, given all the steps taken so far, that the graphics card is definitely faulty...may have been a fault somewhere which wasn't apparent during testing but the bumping around in transit made worse (maybe a loose wire in the card somewhere or something). Unless someone else can come up with something, I think it's time to contact PCS and point them to this thread so they know what you have tried...hence why I have listed your problem solving to make it easier :)
Pretty much and yea I have been in contact with them this whole time also. They just keep telling me to do the same things you lot have so far.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well the conclusion is "I'm sending it back" :( tried everything but it still ain't working properly so thanks all for your help. Kinda learned alot more about PC's messing around with it.
That's a real shame, but well done on the troubleshooting, you've been extremely thorough.

Point PCS to this thread when you return it so they can see the steps you've tried, may help them narrow down the issue.

Pretty much and yea I have been in contact with them this whole time also. They just keep telling me to do the same things you lot have so far.
Link them to this thread

How I learnt alot was going through loads of tech forums and little niggles with pc when vista operating system came out was forever trying to fix stuff get certain games to run keep us updated on what the fault was. intrested to see what it is !!!