New Build

Yourownhand

I've heard the i7-11700K can run hot, anyone here experienced any problems with it?
This is the build I am going with, I have a graphics card already so will slot that in later.

Case COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-11700K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO Wi-Fi (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0, SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardINTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Storage Drive2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case FansNONE
Sound CardASUS STRIX Soar 7.1 PCIe sound card
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - 3 User, 1 Year
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've heard the i7-11700K can run hot, anyone here experienced any problems with it?
This is the build I am going with, I have a graphics card already so will slot that in later.

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-11700K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO Wi-Fi (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0, SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardINTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Storage Drive2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case FansNONE
Sound CardASUS STRIX Soar 7.1 PCIe sound card
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on USB Drive
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - 3 User, 1 Year
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Hi, there, there's a lot we could change about this build. I'd recommend giving this thread a read- Intel are really falling behind at the moment and AMD is 100% the way to go. If you'd like advice on this build, we'll need to know your budget, the monitor you're pairing it with, the GPU you have and what you plan to use it for. Thanks!

Yourownhand

Hi Junior, thanks for your offer of help, I'm pretty stubborn in my choice for intel.
No offence meant, but I'm an intel man all day long, and always will be, just the way I roll.
I keep a lot of games on my PC hence the storage.
Budget normally about 3 grand or just over.
Monitor LG 34GK950F-B.
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Utra Gaming.
Use Only Gaming.

Enax

Hi Junior, thanks for your offer of help, I'm pretty stubborn in my choice for intel.
No offence meant, but I'm an intel man all day long, and always will be, just the way I roll.
I keep a lot of games on my PC hence the storage.
Budget normally about 3 grand or just over.
Monitor LG 34GK950F-B.
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Utra Gaming.
Use Only Gaming.

I have always been intel but after some serious research I’m making the jump to AMD. If you are building a gaming rig I would seriously consider going with AMD the difference nowadays is staggering between the 2. Intel is no longer the champ and AMD, seem, at the moment untouchable.

Yourownhand

Many thanks for your advice ENAX.
The Last AMD CPU I had was the old Athlon Thunderbird back in 1999 or 2000.
Will take your advice into consideration though, it can't hurt on my part to do extra research.

Enax

No worries, happy to share. Always recommend everyone do their own research regardless of what people say in these, or other, forums. That way you can make a proper informed decision and get the best bang for buck out of your well earned cash!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No worries, happy to share. Always recommend everyone do their own research regardless of what people say in these, or other, forums. That way you can make a proper informed decision and get the best bang for buck out of your well earned cash!
This is true of course but it presupposes that everyone understands and can properly interpret what they discover in their research.

That's why the many knowledgeable people on here are so useful. For one thing, they don't need to research because they keep up with developments all the time, and for another they're able to explain in simpler terms why one choice is better than another.

If everyone was an expert we wouldn't need these forums! :)

Enax

This is true of course but it presupposes that everyone understands and can properly interpret what they discover in their research.

That's why the many knowledgeable people on here are so useful. For one thing, they don't need to research because they keep up with developments all the time, and for another they're able to explain in simpler terms why one choice is better than another.

If everyone was an expert we wouldn't need these forums! :)
Yep agree with what you said to some extent. But would always recommend people to do their own research, regardless of their understanding of the subject. Watching YouTube videos or reading articles can always be beneficial and give you either a second opinion or a honest review on a product. I’m not saying at all what the lovely members of this forum are telling people is incorrect or bias because it is not. I’m just saying, with anything in life, do your own research into what you are putting your money in.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yep agree with what you said to some extent. But would always recommend people to do their own research, regardless of their understanding of the subject. Watching YouTube videos or reading articles can always be beneficial and give you either a second opinion or a honest review on a product. I’m not saying at all what the lovely members of this forum are telling people is incorrect or bias because it is not. I’m just saying, with anything in life, do your own research into what you are putting your money in.
I do get what you're saying but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. We often have people putting poor builds together because they didn't properly understand information that their research uncovered.

I fully support your 'do your own research' suggestion, but I'd qualify it by saying that 'if you don't fully understand what you're seeing or reading then ask on here'. :)