My first gaming pc what do you think

COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive240GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Storage 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Did you buy it already, or looking for feedback before buying?

What did it cost?

What was the budget?

What monitor are you gaming on?

I have bought already but can ammend at no extra cost.
£2400
I didn't really have one
Just wanting 4k 60fps so using my low latency gaming tv

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The main thing to note is that AMD are releasing their Zen 2 CPUs in a month (7th July) and these are set to offer similar performance at much lower prices, and, perhaps most importantly, come with a new generation of motherboards supporting PCIe 4.0.

If the purchase isn't critically urgent, my advice would be to wait for those.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
PCIe 4.0 doubles the bandwidth of 3.0, and so allow for SSDs that are upto twice as fast for instance. It would also eventually affect GPU performance, though not for current gen products.

Pricing will vary ofc - Intel's CPUs have been selling for significantly above MSRP due to supply shortages, and Intel could adjust their pricing in light of AMD's release. But if a 9900k costs ~$500 currently (~£500 in the UK) AMD's R7 CPUs are set for $330-400 depending on the model.

For 4k gaming there's no much point to an i9 CPU anyway, unless you intend also streaming to things like Twitch and need the CPU to encode video while running a game.

If buying a PC today, an AMD R5 2600x (the current gen product) would offer virtually the same performance in almost all games and costs £200-300 less. AMD's Zen 2 R5s are set to be ~$200-250 (similar to the current ones). And they all will come with X570 motherboards with PCIe 4.0.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you want to continue with your current spec I would advise changing to the H100x cooler. Additionally, there are promotional systems on offer with very similar spec that may be better value for money.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The AORUS Master is a better board than the Z390-E, and like the 390-E it includes wifi. It is more expensive.

If wifi isn't needed the AORUS Pro is cheaper. And probably still a better board, at least in terms of VRMs.

Tbh, buying an i9 because it's "the best" if you don't actually use the performance it can offer, and then have to skimp on other components, is probably not the right play.

If you're not streaming, just gaming at 4k, the i9 is a waste of money. If you are streaming, AMD are launching a 12 core / 24 thread Zen 2 CPU at the same price as the 8C/16T i9, which should be much better.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you stuck with the H60 cooler? The 9900k is an absolute monster for heat. I've got an H115 RGB to keep it in check. The H60 isn't going to manage temperatures well at all IMO.