Most unreliable cars include BMW & Audi

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's the Sun, so I won't even read it (I'm from Liverpool who knows a few of the people who died at Hillsborough) and even if I did, I wouldn't even believe them if they said day followed night :LOL:

However, surely EVERY marque is somewhere on the list of most unreliable cars...you could be in the top 10 or bottom 10 of a list of 1000...but you're still on the list.

stegor

Bright Spark
It's the Sun, so I won't even read it (I'm from Liverpool who knows a few of the people who died at Hillsborough) and even if I did, I wouldn't even believe them if they said day followed night :LOL:

However, surely EVERY marque is somewhere on the list of most unreliable cars...you could be in the top 10 or bottom 10 of a list of 1000...but you're still on the list.
Yes, but I'd rather have a car at number 20 than number 1 etc.
Generally it means the chance of it costing you money (and the value of the bill) increases as you go up the list, as insurance is all about chance.
FYI carwow did a video if you want to avoid the sun article.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Surprised Jag didn't make the list, they've made some shoddy cars.

Know a couple of people with Range Rovers and they are almost permanently in with the mechanic, plus repairs cost an absolute fortune

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Surprised Jag didn't make the list, they've made some shoddy cars.
My sist6er has a jag, an electric one, they came down from Ipswich the other week, and went back on a flat bed, as it decided to not recharge due to a fault in the socket/software, 3 months left on the warranty

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you read the Z4-Forum then you'd think the e85/86 generation were terrible (well, they are built in the US instead of Germany), due to the amount of snapped coil springs, dodgy alarms, throttle position sensors and O2 sensors everyone eat through.

However, mine is one of the most heavily used, and highest mileage (for its year), and I've only had a single O2 sensor in 160,000 miles. Suspension was replaced at 100k miles as I wanted an upgrade for track work.

I can understand the warranty-based data, as it's unbiased (assuming it's pro-rated/weighted for number of cars/mileage covered), but the subjective opinions I tend to ignore...as someone who buys a £10k car is going to be impressed if their new car comes with electric windows, whereas someone spending £100k is not going to be unimpressed if they don't have double-glazing :LOL:

My mother loves her Hyundai i10...and doesn't care that at 40k miles (and 11 years old), the paint has worn away from the door handles due to wear & tear...yet if that happened on my 160k miles (and 16 year old) Z4 I'd be fuming!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My dad's new car was ordered in August last year, and the latest delivery date is 'around December' this year.

He's considered cancelling and ordering something different, but the ones he's looking at (from Seat/VW/Skoda/Hyundai) are won't commit to any specific delivery timescales.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My dad's new car was ordered in August last year, and the latest delivery date is 'around December' this year.

He's considered cancelling and ordering something different, but the ones he's looking at (from Seat/VW/Skoda/Hyundai) are won't commit to any specific delivery timescales.
They're all the same mate

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They're all the same mate
Well, yes, the first 3 are...and that's why he's happy to switch between them if they can deliver earlier/at all.

The Hyundai was the Ionic 5 EV, and he was put off because the Hyundai salesman was very honest in telling him it could be over a year.

If the VW/Seat/Skoda salesmen had been as honest, then he'd be waiting for an Ioniq 5 instead.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My Uncle is a retired VW / Audi salesman.

Apparently the entire car market is totally changing. They're getting rid of all the localised dealer hubs and just having far larger central hubs serving huge areas for repairs and main central account management.

Basically all car sales guys are being let go by the dealers, and going out on their own with internet based model whereby they'll pick up the car and drive it to the customer for a test drive, once they've liked what they've looked at in virtual showrooms and over video chats.

Crazy how much everything is changing due to the pandemic really.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My Uncle is a retired VW / Audi salesman.

Apparently the entire car market is totally changing. They're getting rid of all the localised dealer hubs and just having far larger central hubs serving huge areas for repairs and main central account management.

Basically all car sales guys are being let go by the dealers, and going out on their own with internet based model whereby they'll pick up the car and drive it to the customer for a test drive, once they've liked what they've looked at in virtual showrooms and over video chats.

Crazy how much everything is changing due to the pandemic really.
It seems like such an obvious model for cars though

Plus no one likes actually going into the places

MicKor

Bronze Level Poster
Does it say what year the cars r? Am I going blind lol.cars could of never had a service. There r alot of bmw and audis on the road used so not surprised they r top of the list. New audis and bmws past 2016 r actually quite reliable if taken care off. Even kias and hyundais renaults were trash before 2012 or 2015 for renaults And bmws actually r lovley Drive