Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Packed them in this weekend, she was out Friday night and working all day saturday so I marathoned a bunch

Lake Mungo - Interesting enough "documentary" some cool twists and change of directions I wasn't expecting but in the end just ok
Cropsey - Again "documentary" about missing children in Staten Island, I actually love this one watched it loads of times, highly recommend and you can watch it on Youtube free
Starry Eyes - This was great, watched it last night with her and really enjoyed it. Better with little said but strongly recommend giving it a go

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I watched that new Halloween movie the other night.

It's horrendously bad. Jamie Lee Curtis should have ran an absolute mile.

There is nothing good about this movie at all. I tried my best to find something to praise, but it's just awful. There's a wafer thin plot, the acting feels like they're snickering behind the camera most of the time, the character continuity is absolutely all over the place.

Nothing really links from the previous movies. Laurie has gone from a victim, to being empowered, to a hermit.... now what is she? I genuinely had no idea.

The production staff should all hang their heads in shame with this one. They've spat out a cash pinata and put another few nails in the already nail filled coffin that was the Halloween franchise.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I watched that new Halloween movie the other night.

It's horrendously bad. Jamie Lee Curtis should have ran an absolute mile.

There is nothing good about this movie at all. I tried my best to find something to praise, but it's just awful. There's a wafer thin plot, the acting feels like they're snickering behind the camera most of the time, the character continuity is absolutely all over the place.

Nothing really links from the previous movies. Laurie has gone from a victim, to being empowered, to a hermit.... now what is she? I genuinely had no idea.

The production staff should all hang their heads in shame with this one. They've spat out a cash pinata and put another few nails in the already nail filled coffin that was the Halloween franchise.
Going to watch it this week, Halloween 2018 feels like an accident that it was so good. Lasts years iteration was hot garbage and looking like this one is going to be same

Shame

Bhuna50

Author Level
I've been binge watching "The Watcher" today.

No absolute fantastic acting performances, but storyline pretty good. Would certainly make me think twice about buying a nice house in a nice neighbourhood... :D LOL

Bhuna50

Author Level
Don't think there are any nice neighbourhoods out in the states, as my regular tea time viewing is:

Buried in the backyard

Ooh nice - I like true crime progs and true crime dramatised progs :D

Been watching Dahmer as well but not binge watching that as wife is watching it too at same time - just one episode every few nights :D

He's just taking a drink home from his job at the bank ... blood bank :D :D LOL

Plus here in Gloucester, I dont think I can say too much about things buried in backyards :D :D thanks to a Mr and Mrs West....

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've been binge watching "The Watcher" today.

No absolute fantastic acting performances, but storyline pretty good. Would certainly make me think twice about buying a nice house in a nice neighbourhood... :D LOL

Finished this last night.

Not happy. Should have a disclaimer on these things at the very beginning IMO. Warning...... this show is based on a very short account of a true story. 99% of this tale is made up with the most accurate comparison being that there was never an answer at the end.

I got quite bored with it though as they tried to draw out a couple of hours worth of entertainment to 7 episodes.

In what realm would you describe tunnels, a hidden room and concrete evidence that someone has been living with access to your home..... without the police investigating? I don't care how annoyed you are at the persons involved, that sort of thing would be followed up.

The drool on the pillow would be DNA matched and bobs your auntie. Case closed.

The frightened reaction to little things like noises/phone calls yet almost no reaction to their being an actual live-in person in the basement.... other than "He was in our house".... once.... just switched me off entirely. Lazy, lazy, lazy writing with more focus on the cinematography than the story.

Do not recommend.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I got lost in a black hole of TikTok vids n FB vids, etc.... got to watching one that was clips from a show called Mr Inbetween. I'm 4 episodes in and it's actually really good.

Reminds me a little of Chopper. It's like a slightly more sane version of chopper. Worth a watch though :)

Bhuna50

Author Level
I got lost in a black hole of TikTok vids n FB vids, etc.... got to watching one that was clips from a show called Mr Inbetween. I'm 4 episodes in and it's actually really good.

Reminds me a little of Chopper. It's like a slightly more sane version of chopper. Worth a watch though :)
Surprising actually what FB vids has :D - I saw a clip for Tacoma FD - comedy - thoroughly enjoying the series.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I watched Beast the other day, new release with Idris Elba starring and Sharlto Copley (the south african bad guy from Elysium)

Hasn't got the best reviews, I thought it was done really well.

Idris has very publicly recently put most of his energy into DJ'ing, and very successfully too, I think we may be seeing less movies by him over the coming years.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I watched 1899 over the past week or so. Really interesting thriller. Well made, acted, etc..... very polished. It's a little slow at times and the ending left a lot to be desired, but if you can get over that then you will likely enjoy it.

Manage your expectations for answers, I hope they plan to give them and we don't end up with another Lost show.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Finally got around to watching a couple of great ones this weekend

Top Gun - Maverick
Absolute kudos, very reminiscent for the first 30 mins or so, and then breaks out on it's own, engaging, but the last scenes of the film I was utterly gripped. I am also in love with Jennifer Connelly. I totally bow to Tom Cruise though, if ever I was in any doubt after so many Mission Impossible rehashes, he is a king among men.

Predator - Prey
This may start a war, but I have to say, I thought it was the highest accomplishing Predator film to date, accounting for production value, realism, story line, cinematography. Don't get me wrong, the original is always in a class of it's own, but this film was far more polished, it was a real attempt at a dramatic action rather than populist action tongue in cheek, and they did extremely well. Acting was superb.