Laptop Mechanical Keyboard Noise

jcrespo

Hi there,
I just recently bought a new laptop here with a "PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT MECHANICAL KEYBOARD", and I didn't though it's was about to be so annoying to type on it... specially when i'm in the office and the typing-sound it's very very loud.
I've seen that people are using O-rings to kinda smooth the noise but since it's a laptop (and all the guides and examples that I've found are with external keyboards), I'm not really sure if it's gonna work because there's a tiny wire under each key, so the O-ring will probably hit with it and doesn't seems like it's going to work properly...
Has anybody experienced the same issue? It's solvable or it's just better directly to get a keyboard replacement? It's just very uncomfortable to work on it, feels very different from an external mechanical keyboard... :/
Many thanks in advance!
j

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_001325.jpg
    IMG_20191209_001325.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 105

steaky360

I think the o rings you're referring to are specifically for cherry mx type (or similar designed) mechanical switches, as you've pointed out they won't be suitable for your type of switches.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi there,
I just recently bought a new laptop here with a "PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT MECHANICAL KEYBOARD", and I didn't though it's was about to be so annoying to type on it... specially when i'm in the office and the typing-sound it's very very loud.
I've seen that people are using O-rings to kinda smooth the noise but since it's a laptop (and all the guides and examples that I've found are with external keyboards), I'm not really sure if it's gonna work because there's a tiny wire under each key, so the O-ring will probably hit with it and doesn't seems like it's going to work properly...
Has anybody experienced the same issue? It's solvable or it's just better directly to get a keyboard replacement? It's just very uncomfortable to work on it, feels very different from an external mechanical keyboard... :/
Many thanks in advance!
j
Furthermore, that keyboard is not a mechanical keyboard, it's a faux mechanical. It does not have cherry switches, they're particular to that keyboard and not serviceable like cherry keys.

You would need to use an external keyboard if it's not to your liking.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Very vaguely I'm afraid, I recall hearing PCS were moving from brown-style switches to blue style switches for a quieter keyboard. In one of the Recoils at least. Worth asking them about available variants for your system?