Inwin Dragon Slayer Case - What do you think?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're potentially looking to list this case, what do you think?

http://www.inwin-style.com/website/pd/pd_detail.php?iw_lanid=0&iw_name_id=465

dragon_detail.jpg

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I wouldn't recommend, uses 90mm fans at the rear = high noise and poor cooling.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Talk about sheep...just to clear things up guys - this case is based on the same chassis as the Maelstrom T900, so has the same high quality cooling and has top fans and side fans...

What's everyone's opinion aesthetically?

Meds

I'd still choose T900, Antec 900 or any of the CM Series over this case based on aesthetics alone. All personal opinion like, others may thing differently.

This conclusion from an online review website sums it up for me;

"it's tough to find anything bad to say about this case. I think it boils down to whether or not you like the looks of it or not. Because if you do, there's no reason not to get this one if your getting a micro-atx motherboard. On the inside, it has everything you'd expect to see in a modern case and more; painted interior, CPU cut-out, lots of filtered fans, SSD mount, USB 3.0, mostly tool-less, cable management, and an outstanding manual."

After reading into the case on-line in more detail, it does get pretty good reviews. However they all base their price recommendations on whther or not you like the look of the case so feed back from the customers is appreciated - come on guys, more opinions please!

Sleinous

Author Level
I quite like the design of this case actually, and the colour scheme. I'd say, go for it! Don't forget many potential users haven't even signed up for forums yet ;) or even know they will buy a new computer any time soon for that matter.

LDUK

Master Poster
I'm not sure. I think it's kinda cool and different. I wouldn't get it myself, but I don't think its horrible.

Gorman

Author Level
Talk about sheep

Thats a bit harsh.

I think most real enthusiasts will be after a lot more from a case other than a quirky look, myself included.

It should go something like this:

1. Build and material quality
  2. Size and what can fit in it, can i put WC in it, all my hdd's etc
  3. Cable management and airflow
  4. Acoustics
  5. Can i mod it and what potential does it have
  6. Price
  7. Looks and gimmicks

So by the looks of it for me this case does not deliver.

If its going to look like a transformer mated with a duplo set it better be ticking all of the above boxes and on first look it misses.

Sleinous

Author Level
Size and what can fit in it, can i put WC in it, all my hdd's etc
Don't laugh but I seriously had a dumb moment there. Thought you meant a WC as in a toilet for a good 20 seconds >.<

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I'm surprised I didn't see this thread before but I quite like the look of it, although I like the look of most cases including the less asthetically popular ones like the antec dark fleet and HAF-X.