INTERNET DOES NOT WORK WHEN I CONNECT MY COMPUTER TO INTERNET.

Gavras

Master Poster
Nothing has happened.

I use the computer as normal I've never had any torrents

I've been using malwarebytes.
Nothing happened?

your PC was working fine and internet was fine.

Then it stopped working.

Did you replace EE hub before or after it stopped working?

did PCS fit your new PSU or did you?

was it working before and after PSU replacement (if you did it)

what programs do you usually use.

Bullguard is part of your build, did you turn it off or uninstall it?

as above did you do fresh install of windows before or after internet issue.

As in it stopped working and you did a fresh install or it was working, you did a fresh install and it stopped working.

have you run Malwarebytes and did it find anything, did windows defender find anything from full scan and startup scan?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Is it possible that windows is downloading a recent update in the background.

Have you tried turning off all other WiFi connected items and then testing the speed of connection of your PC.

Then turning on each of those in turn to ensure it’s not something else causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luki

Bronze Level Poster
Nothing happened?

your PC was working fine and internet was fine.

Then it stopped working.

Did you replace EE hub before or after it stopped working?

did PCS fit your new PSU or did you?

was it working before and after PSU replacement (if you did it)

what programs do you usually use.

Bullguard is part of your build, did you turn it off or uninstall it?

as above did you do fresh install of windows before or after internet issue.

As in it stopped working and you did a fresh install or it was working, you did a fresh install and it stopped working.

have you run Malwarebytes and did it find anything, did windows defender find anything from full scan and startup scan?
I use ms office.
Malwarebytes
Adobe reader

I uninstalled bullgaurd

I refreshed all of Windows after I was facing this issue.

I ran malwarebytes it didn't detect any malwares or virus

luki

Bronze Level Poster
Is it possible that windows is downloading a recent update in the background.

Have you tried turning off all other WiFi connected items and then testing the speed of connection of your PC.

Then turning on each of those in turn to ensure it’s not something else causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried all that when the bt engineer came down.

We noticed the source of the issue is my pc

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I use ms office.
Malwarebytes
Adobe reader

I uninstalled bullgaurd

I refreshed all of Windows after I was facing this issue.

I ran malwarebytes it didn't detect any malwares or virus
Can you confirm that Windows Defender is turned off then please?

We really need to check whether the problem is your Windows installation or your PC. The best way to do that is for you to download a Linux distro to a bootable USB stick, any one will do; Ubuntu, Mint, etc. Most of the popular distros can run off the USB stick without needed to install anything, so boot the USB stick and (if asked) select run off the install media - don't choose to install it. Linux includes networking and WiFi support for most wireless cards so your networking should work. Try opening the Firefrox browser in Linux and navigate to a few sites to prove that you are Internet connected. Note the speed of these connections and note the speed of other devices in your home.

Obviously, if everything is fine with Linux then your problem is with Windows, but if Linux slows everything down as well then the problem is with your PC hardware I'm afraid.

luki

Bronze Level Poster
I am using Windows defender aswell. Can you tell me how to create this boot able disk drive.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Does your network slow down when the PC is switched off but connected via ethernet, or is it only when it is on?

If it's when it is on, it may be worthwhile checking the network monitor to see what sort of bandwidth the PC is using.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@Scott So many posts it may have been overlooked..this is from an earlier post by the OP:

"
All my devices work when the pc is turned off.

When I turn my pc on all devices have a slow connection to the Internet."

Thanks mate. I had an issue YEARS ago where there was a short in the NIC interface where it caused havoc with my router. This was whether the PC was on or off.

With that not being the case on the face of it, I would next monitor the network traffic on the PC when it's on.

Right click on the taskbar, click "Task Manager" and then click "Performance".

It's quite simple but it shows you the "S" (Send) and "R" (Receive) bandwidth. If this is around your internet speed then it's highly likely one of the processes on your system is using the bandwidth.

Once you have figured out that is the case, click back on the "Processes" tab, ensure that "More details" is selected and sort all the tasks by "Network". This will show you what is using the highest bandwidth. You need to target this process and what it is (name should hopefully give it away).

1dogman1

I had a similar issue last week.

I still don't know what caused it but the issue was that my laptop Ip address had changed to a different subnet to the wifi nodes. Every time i tried to connect it crashed the wifi system.

I had to manually change the ip address on the laptop and it has started to work again

I am no expert and don't know why it happened but it now works

I did not that i had a windows system update the day before that installed a windows modem update so suspect that changed it

luki

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks mate. I had an issue YEARS ago where there was a short in the NIC interface where it caused havoc with my router. This was whether the PC was on or off.

With that not being the case on the face of it, I would next monitor the network traffic on the PC when it's on.

Right click on the taskbar, click "Task Manager" and then click "Performance".

It's quite simple but it shows you the "S" (Send) and "R" (Receive) bandwidth. If this is around your internet speed then it's highly likely one of the processes on your system is using the bandwidth.

Once you have figured out that is the case, click back on the "Processes" tab, ensure that "More details" is selected and sort all the tasks by "Network". This will show you what is using the highest bandwidth. You need to target this process and what it is (name should hopefully give it away).
This allowed me to figure out what was eating up all the bandwidth on my computer.

It turns out it was onedrive that was downloading alot of files.

Not enough bandwidth to deal with all of that

I would still like to know how to get Linux on usb.

I downloaded the iso.

Do I use rufus to make the USB bootable?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've not made a Linux USB for YEARS so will leave the advice to others. Glad you found the problem though.

Not sure if it's of use to you, but you can limit the bandwidth to the PC via the router, if you drop it to 10Mb/s it should still be enough to do fine online, but allow some bandwidth for the other devices without grinding them to a halt.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This allowed me to figure out what was eating up all the bandwidth on my computer.

It turns out it was onedrive that was downloading alot of files.

Not enough bandwidth to deal with all of that

I would still like to know how to get Linux on usb.

I downloaded the iso.

Do I use rufus to make the USB bootable?
Good catch and great advice from @Scott. I'm embarrassed that I didn't go there first. :oops:

You can forget Linux, though it is a useful way of eliminating all Windows issues and it does allow you to tell whether any issue you're having are hardware or software related. Checking what was using the bandwidth was a much better option in this case. :)