Im a noob to overclocking

abdsal

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4) Motherboard ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB) Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI 1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

These are my specs, i just want to know whether i can overclock my PC and what i should do.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4) Motherboard ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB) Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI 1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED Power Supply CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

These are my specs, i just want to know whether i can overclock my PC and what i should do.

It's an AMD with unknown cooling and an A320M Micro board......

I would leave it as it is :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AMD's don't overclock like Intel, they're designed to automatically overclock when thermal headroom is available.

But as @Scott says, you need to have a build capable of handling the extra heat and power required for overclocking, which yours isn't I'm afraid.

abdsal

Okay i guess i will sell my PC soon and maybe get £500-600, how much extra cash do you think i'll need for a decent PC that will maybe run 160fps

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you plugged in a 1660S I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Overclocking an AMD chip will often net you zero, often it's detrimental to gaming performance. The system you have is fine, power wise, for 1080p but if you want that bit extra out of it the easiest way to do that is plug in a more suited GPU.

Starting from scratch, if you budgeted £1k that would get you a great system.