Haf-x 942

enhorning

I would love to see the new HAF-X (aka 942) available as one of your cases, and think it would fit right in as you currently offer its little brothers, the HAF 932 and 922.

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6637 is the link to it on Cooler Master's website.

By the way, delighted to see that you're now offering the i-970 cpu - I'll probably build my system around that one when I get around to ordering.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
enhorning - we can possibly source this case for you if you would like your system manufacturing into it? According to the specification it is about 15cm larger than the HAF 932, so we will need to check our packaging fits into this first.

Alternatively, you can select the "Choose Your Own Case" option on our configurator and send this to us yourself.

enhorning

Zeplini said:
Inside looks similar to the new corsair case we will be stocking - here

I've read several reviews claiming the Corsair 800 / 700 aren't that great for cooling, and as I am expecting to run my system with full cpu load 24/7, cooling is a high priority. The Haf-X, compared with the Corsair case linked, has twice the number of big fans. Other features I like about the Haf-X are a switch to turn the leds off, and front USB-3 connections.

enhorning - we can possibly source this case for you if you would like your system manufacturing into it?

If you could source it, that would be absolutely lovely. According to Cooler Master's webpage, it's dimensions are:

Dimension (W / H / D) 230 * 550 * 590 mm

... so hopefully that should not be too large.

I am not ready to order my computer quite yet though - I am moving soon, and want to wait until I can order the computer to my new address. Hopefully I'll place my order mid- to late August.

Meds

Hi Enhorning,

Congrats on the new house/flat! When you are ready to order, give our Sales Team a call on 0844 499 4000 and they will be able to look into sourcing the HAF-X for you.

Gorman

Author Level
I've read several reviews claiming the Corsair 800 / 700 aren't that great for cooling.

As you can see below those reviews are a bit off ;) I love my 800D :D

4568093009_7bb4fb5cbf.jpg

Max GPU temp under load 52c (thats a GTX 480) and the I7 920 tops out at 58c. Full load!

4570693712_f49436bb8e_b.jpg

This case was built for cooling =]

Although if your going air you will need some impressive fans to move it through the cavernous space inside.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Looking back over my post, the Haf-X is only 1.5cm, not 15cm larger, so it will not be a problem at all :)