Great laptop but cheap keys

Jay96

I buy the latest greatest laptop and the team built me a beast of a laptop.

However after 6 months the keys are smudged and yet my old work Lenovo has keys that are still perfect after 3 years of typing.

--- This has been resolved thanks to Adam.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I buy the latest greatest laptop and the team built me a beast of a laptop. Failed after a month and they replaced parts so fingers crossed.

However after 6 months the keys are smudged and yet my old work Lenovo has keys that are still perfect after 3 years of typing.

Why is it a high end laptop from PCS has such useless keys?

A real shame for a repeat customer, this small stuff turns me off buying another laptop for the wife. I understand wear and tear but 6 months is not wear and tear. Cmon guys look after your good customers, lets face it my business will look around for their next purchase and all my mates will avoid PCS.

The customer service team were excellent with the repair and order when placed. Something small like this what a shame. I've even got the gold warranty and all that fluff.
PCS don't make any laptops, they're just a system integrator, so you order a specific model of chassis, either TongFang or Clevo, and they build it with the parts you order.

TongFangs are known to have questionable build quality, hence how cheap they are while having extremely high specs.

Clevo are much more reliable in the longer term but generally slightly lower specs overall for the equivalent price (because more goes into the build quality and cooling)

But PCS can't do anything about the build quality, other than replacing parts, it's worth buying a good chassis over a cheaper one.

Last edited:

Jay96

Cheers Robbie, spoke with Adam who will arrange a replacement. With respect to good chassis I bought the latest greatest most expensive gaming laptop PCS could build, hope that is a good chassis :) ... Lets see how the new keys go. PCS once again great customer service thanks to Adam.