G'day

gigachip

Recieved my first custom build ever today. Usually always built my own PCs. Worked in IT for over 30 years and now dabble with smaller salt grain sized chips, caps etc.. on mobiles and ipads.
Gotta say that the difference between 1st gen i5 pc and 11th gen setup is massive! 4 seconds to boot up feels really weird compared to the minute the old PC had gotten down to. Have to say, despite needing a replacement side panel, which PCS are sending tomorrow, the gaming PC flies like a bat out of hell!. Their options on hardware etc.. is very good indeed and am really glad I got my box from PCS. Even old gits like me play games :)
TF2 and now Alyx on VR will be next. Like the look of cyberpunk. Looking for the most realistic sniper game to get my kicks.
Hopefully my years in IT can be of help and yes, I moved away from clockwork computers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Recieved my first custom build ever today. Usually always built my own PCs. Worked in IT for over 30 years and now dabble with smaller salt grain sized chips, caps etc.. on mobiles and ipads.
Gotta say that the difference between 1st gen i5 pc and 11th gen setup is massive! 4 seconds to boot up feels really weird compared to the minute the old PC had gotten down to. Have to say, despite needing a replacement side panel, which PCS are sending tomorrow, the gaming PC flies like a bat out of hell!. Their options on hardware etc.. is very good indeed and am really glad I got my box from PCS. Even old gits like me play games :)
TF2 and now Alyx on VR will be next. Like the look of cyberpunk. Looking for the most realistic sniper game to get my kicks.
Hopefull my years in IT can be of help and yes, I moved away from clockwork computers.
Very good welcome to you!

I'm still rocking a 4th gen i7 on both my desktop and laptop. Just shows how good those first gen chips really were as I'm still happily able to game on both systems.

I'm holding off on upgrading until this year, but I know with the new technologies like Ray Tracing and DLSS, I'm gonna be flawed, that's aside from the speed of a modern CPU.

Can't wait.

Really good to have you here, you're very welcome (y)

CMP01

Enthusiast
Looking for the most realistic sniper game to get my kicks.

Sniper Elite 3 and/or 4 might do then. The series is set behind Axis lines in WW2 but the harder game modes leave you to figure out the minutiae of sniping by yourself as well as other optional difficulty features. I haven't tried for that much realism myself for long (it can get brutal) but the games are pretty damn good even so.

That aside, welcome and enjoy your new toy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking for the most realistic sniper game to get my kicks.
Totally missed this, thanks @CMP01 for highlighting.

A couple that might float your boat:

Insurgency: Sandstorm - Relatively new (2018), leaves out a lot of usual aids in shooters which makes it far more challenging, also heavily relies on cooperative play with your teammates

Escape from Tarkov - This one is taking all the news these days. It's got RPG aspects rolled in which makes it a bit more unique, but gameplay is intense, drawn out, and quite realistic. A friend of mine is a heavy shooter player (semi pro) and absolutely adores this game. It's not on Steam as yet.

Rainbow Six Siege - Very established, widely regarded as one of the favorites.

gigachip

Sniper Elite 3 and/or 4 might do then. The series is set behind Axis lines in WW2 but the harder game modes leave you to figure out the minutiae of sniping by yourself as well as other optional difficulty features. I haven't tried for that much realism myself for long (it can get brutal) but the games are pretty damn good even so.

That aside, welcome and enjoy your new toy.
I quite like the look of Sniper Elite after you mentioning it. Down on the shopping list now. Ta very much :)

gigachip

Totally missed this, thanks @CMP01 for highlighting.

A couple that might float your boat:

Insurgency: Sandstorm - Relatively new (2018), leaves out a lot of usual aids in shooters which makes it far more challenging, also heavily relies on cooperative play with your teammates

Escape from Tarkov - This one is taking all the news these days. It's got RPG aspects rolled in which makes it a bit more unique, but gameplay is intense, drawn out, and quite realistic. A friend of mine is a heavy shooter player (semi pro) and absolutely adores this game. It's not on Steam as yet.

Rainbow Six Siege - Very established, widely regarded as one of the favorites.

Not come across those at all. Will have a butchers at the Escape from Tarkov. Ta for the info, much appreciated, as too for the other good fellas who gave info aswell.