Fan control not working on a new PC

marcoslr

Hi!
I just received my new PC and all looks good, but I am having issues with the fan control. I want a silent pc, so that is quite important for me :)

In both the Asus Fan Xpert 4 and BIOS I do not receive information about the speed nor I can control most fans. I understand that the case has three DC fans, so I cannot "fine-tune" them as well as the PWM ones, but I should still be able to see their speed at least. Even the AIO fans are not showing there.
I have created a galles with some photos from Fan Xpert, what I see from the Nexus+ and the case: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8YX1JUSzZ6tLQ5938
Any idea what is wrong?

This is the configuration:

Case

FRACTAL DEFINE 7 BLACK QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

marcoslr

In fan xpert is it not allowing you to alter the fan curve or is it not registering the fans at all?
I guess it is registering something, but it gives me no information at all.
Screenshot 2020-12-16 205318.jpg

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Can you run the auto tuning feature? it might pick up the fans that way.

I'm no expert on this but the more in the know people will give you some better info

marcoslr

I have tried the auto tuning multiple times, still no success. Even in the bios is not showing the rpm.
I also do not see the PSU fan, that manages itself, but I should still be able to read its speed, right?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This has come up before with that case where the case fans aren’t plugged into the right inputs on the fan controller which is part of the case. Have a look at this thread and make sure they’re connected to the right ports;

marcoslr

Hi, yes I looked at the post before writing, but I do have the 3 pin in the right place (aside one, but I tried to move it in the 3 pin group and there was no difference)

marcoslr

After talking to the Swedish support I opened the case to take additional pictures and noticed that the cable coming out from the AIO cooler was a bit out, when I touched it however it was just hanging there, it was not attached at all. It seems like there is nothing to attach it at all. Anyone that is familiar with the H115i RGB PRO XT? This is the cable I'm talking about :
20201217_233543.jpg

I've been waiting for this build for 2 months, I would really like to avoid sending it to the UK and wait who knows how long :(

marcoslr