Diablo IV killing 3080ti's

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just for awareness, the new Diablo IV Beta game has something in a couple of cutscenes that has caused predominantly Gigabyte 3080ti's although also some Asus cards to brick.

Apparently Gigabyte warranty isn't as good as others, I wonder if this is more Stateside as I've never had an issue.

But anyway, just for awareness.

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh god, I've my weekend planned out to do nothing but play the BETA for 72 hours with about 17mins sleep somewhere squeezed in

Hopefully the humble 3060Ti will be ok

I'll watch this one after work

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh god, I've my weekend planned out to do nothing but play the BETA for 72 hours with about 17mins sleep somewhere squeezed in

Hopefully the humble 3060Ti will be ok

I'll watch this one after work
From early reports it's only 3080ti's and likely only from 2 manufacturers (Asus & Gigabyte)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So my 3080Ti FE should be fine...or not worth taking the risk :oops:

Maybe the capped 200 FPS 'tweak' I put in Nvidia Control Panel for New World's menu screen death rattle will add a layer of protection :LOL:

Although, if mine does blow up do you think Nvidia would give me a nice, shiny new 4090 instead?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Maybe the capped 200 FPS 'tweak' I put in Nvidia Control Panel for New World's menu screen death rattle will add a layer of protection
Apparently capping FPS or having VSync enabled doesn't offer any protection.
Although, if mine does blow up do you think Nvidia would give me a nice, shiny new 4090 instead?
It's almost worth doing it just to see!

Last edited: