Asus PN50 spec

Dandy Desmond

Hi all, i'm looking for a new desktop and am very tempted by a mini PC.

I am looking for a system that will run two, possibly three monitors with the main monitor being 4k. My usage is the normal email/browsing with some streaming. Any gaming I do is older games such as Age of Empires online so nothing too heavy, I have a console for more up to date games.

Will this configuration do the job? Any extra advice or tips, such as would I benefit from more, or faster, RAM. This is pretty much at the top of my budget but there is a bit of wiggle room. Also looking at a Beelink system from Amazon, it's cheaper but I like Asus gear and the PN50 has very good reviews.

Will be looking to run a soundbar (probably bluetooth) for some decent audio, what's the general recommendation of a decent choice for the configurable port on the rear?

Case
ASUS Ultra Small Form Factor Case Ryzen 7 4700U/HDD (PN50-BBR049MD)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen™ 7 8-Core Processor 4700U (2.0GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Motherboard
PN50 Ultra Small Form Factor (HDMI/USB-C/DP1.4, USB 3.1)
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
AMD® Radeon™ RX Vega 7 – 1,600 MHz
1st Storage Drive
512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Sound Card
2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 x USB 3.1 PORTS (Type C) + 3 x USB 3.1 PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days
Price: £606.00 including VAT and Delivery

Last edited:

Dandy Desmond

Slight change. After reading up i'm thinking of swapping out this component

1st Storage Drive

for a 512gb Intel 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD as apparently M.2 offers far better performance. It changes the price to £614.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Slight change. After reading up i'm thinking of swapping out this component

1st Storage Drive

for a 512gb Intel 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD as apparently M.2 offers far better performance. It changes the price to £614.
All looks good, the 4700U CPU is suprisingly capable given how little power it requires and the on board graphics are no slouch either.

Finding out the max resolution of the iGPU is surprisingly difficult, but I found quite a comprehensive table on wikipedia which hopefully is accurate and puts the max resolution at 7680×4320 @ 60 over 3 monitors.

4k is 3840 x 2160, so it's enough for 2 x 4k overall @60Hz

BUT, that unit only has 2 display outputs, one HDMI and one Display Port, so you'd be limited to 2 monitors.

8Gb RAM should be fine for your uses.

Definitely a good move on the M2 drive, they're significantly faster for only a little extra cost.

I'd up the warranty to silver for £5, increases the return to base costs to 1 year from 1 month.

Dandy Desmond

Many thanks for the reply. Will take your advice and up the warranty.

I'm a bit confused what you say about being limited to 2 monitors as Asus on their website say the PN50 can support up to 4 @ 4k resolution. There is a configurable port on the rear with an option of DisplayPort 1.4 or 1.2/VGA/LAN/COM I assume I get the choice from PCS when I checkout as to what to put in that port? The choice for an extra monitor would, I assume, be either DP1.4 or VGA.

I won't want 4 monitors, definitely 2 but probably 3 at some stage.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Many thanks for the reply. Will take your advice and up the warranty.

I'm a bit confused what you say about being limited to 2 monitors as Asus on their website say the PN50 can support up to 4 @ 4k resolution. There is a configurable port on the rear with an option of DisplayPort 1.4 or 1.2/VGA/LAN/COM I assume I get the choice from PCS when I checkout as to what to put in that port? The choice for an extra monitor would, I assume, be either DP1.4 or VGA.

I won't want 4 monitors, definitely 2 but probably 3 at some stage.
Ah, you're right, there is a third USB C with Display Port so you could use that as a third port, sorry, I missed that from the pictures.

The max resolution is dependent on the processors integrated graphics, has no relation to what the case can do.

Jasontvnd

Bronze Level Poster
It looks like Vega 7 can support 4 x 4k monitors surprisingly at least that's what I found online.

That's on the die itself ofcourse so need to check if the pn50 supports 4 monitors.

Looks like with a splitter display port 1.4 can support 3 x 1080p monitors right off the type C.