ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI and Ryzen 9 5900X

OliverDunne

Is this motherboard and CPU Compatible?

I have these ordered together on an overclocking configuration but I never thought to check compatibility.

Please advise me if this Motherboard and CPU are compatible or should I change the motherboard? If I should change the motherboard, which one is recommended?

Thanks very much

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Totally compatible, but also kind of overkill. The Rog Strix is good enough for most people with the 5900X.

I wouldn't recommend an overclocked build, though: they aren't really going to significantly improve performance, perhaps not even at all... Maybe you could post your full build in "Check this spec"?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is this motherboard and CPU Compatible?

I have these ordered together on an overclocking configuration but I never thought to check compatibility.

Please advise me if this Motherboard and CPU are compatible or should I change the motherboard? If I should change the motherboard, which one is recommended?

Thanks very much
Heya! Yep, those two are compatible, PCS wouldn't allow you to order an incompatible spec. Although is there any particular reason you've gone for an overclocked build? For Ryzen, OC's rarely increase performance much and quite often make them worse.

If you're happy to share your whole build we'd be happy to give it a once over (y)