Apple concedes over usb C rules

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It wont make sense for them to carry on making phones with the other plug thing this side of the atlantic, just needs the yanks to come up with a similar ruling and put apple in their place

Last edited by a moderator:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It wont make sense for them to carry on making phones with the other plug thing this side of the atlantic, just needs the yanks to come up with a similar ruling and put apple in their place
Of course they will, they can charge £40 for a charger that's worth .30p then they'll do it until they are stopped

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I am an Apple Fanboy...and even I think it's about bloody well time too!

After all, iPads have been USB-C for over 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I wouldn't particularly mind really if it was ANYTHING BUT lightening.

Lightning is ancient, it was great when it first came out but was quickly superseded by USB, and it's languished behind for years now.

But if is now time to change it by force, in my book that's a win, and the fact it's USB C standard is just a further win.

I think Apple kind of shot themselves in the foot when they removed chargers on new devices prompting the argument that it was to save waste of disused chargers, because that opened the door to the point that why have different types of chargers when we could legitimately have one charger for all our devices if they used the same connector.

Last edited: