AMD Ryzen TPM bug fixed!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good news, the TPM stuttering on Ryzen has finally been fixed.

If you check your mobo pages for any updates, they previously had BETA releases, but there should now or very soon be an official update including the new AGESA Microcode that AMD have issued.

So any of you on Windows 11, or any of you planning to upgrade to Windows 11, it may be worth giving PCS a call and seeing if you can flash the latest BIOS update to include this fix.

SiAdams

Good news, the TPM stuttering on Ryzen has finally been fixed.

If you check your mobo pages for any updates, they previously had BETA releases, but there should now or very soon be an official update including the new AGESA Microcode that AMD have issued.

So any of you on Windows 11, or any of you planning to upgrade to Windows 11, it may be worth giving PCS a call and seeing if you can flash the latest BIOS update to include this fix.
Is this worth while doing regardless of how your pc is running?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is this worth while doing regardless of how your pc is running?
Personally, I would think so probably, yes, there are a few other microcode fixes included from AMD, that's aside from possibly whatever your motherboard manufacturer puts into the update.

But also, if you're currently not on Windows 11 which is where this performance issue is likely to show, then you will be at some point, so you'll need it for when you upgrade anyway.

This article gives a bit more info about what's included from AMD in this update

SiAdams

Personally, I would think so probably, yes, there are a few other microcode fixes included from AMD, that's aside from possibly whatever your motherboard manufacturer puts into the update.

But also, if you're currently not on Windows 11 which is where this performance issue is likely to show, then you will be at some point, so you'll need it for when you upgrade anyway.

This article gives a bit more info about what's included from AMD in this update

Thanks for the reply bud. I am on Windows 11 with no issues but i will look into this. I guess it's best to call PCS first before updating the bios. Would they do it for me do you know? or is it straight forward

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the reply bud. I am on Windows 11 with no issues but i will look into this. I guess it's best to call PCS first before updating the bios. Would they do it for me do you know? or is it straight forward
It's really straightforward on a desktop.

On a laptop it's a little more involved.

But either way you need to speak to PCS to get their approval before flashing to retain warranty, and they'll fully guide you through it.

SiAdams

It's really straightforward on a desktop.

On a laptop it's a little more involved.

But either way you need to speak to PCS to get their approval before flashing to retain warranty, and they'll fully guide you through it.
Brilliant mate, ill give them a call next week. Thanks for your help

Aza

Rising Star
Is there any point to updating mine? I dont think ive had any problems and in on Win 10 still.
TPM is firmware on mine (rather than descrete) and Strix X570 motherboard