My new toy - 15" Fusion IV

Some laptops are not the same as others, PCS ones are pretty impressive. The pictures on the website dont really do them justice, the chasis and finish is deliously cool!
The colour, the finish, look is very very nice, having spent a few weeks comparing other brands, I just couldnt find one machine that ticked all the boxes, price was one consideration but for me design and functions I required were equally important.
I wont getting into the technical specs in detail but the i7 16GB of ram and M.2 SSD have given the machine a very quick boot time, I am using Windows 10 Pro and the machine is for music production at home, mainy recording guitar and bass, with some light gaming. Its light and slim, easy to transport, also the 15.6" screen is very nice to look at, the edge design is clean and doesnt catch your eye like some other makes.
I really like the keyboard, its responsive and feels familiar, just right. If you are looking for a custom machine at a very reasonable price I really cant see any other company who can produce a laptop like this, for the price, circa € 1100, which includes delivery, will be hard to match. Customer service is also very helpful with any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_235657_0.jpg
    IMG_20200312_235657_0.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_20200313_141823_4.jpg
    IMG_20200313_141823_4.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_20200313_142016_7.jpg
    IMG_20200313_142016_7.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Annotation 2020-03-20 170837.jpg
    Annotation 2020-03-20 170837.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 985
D

Deleted member 94250

Some laptops are not the same as others, PCS ones are pretty impressive. The pictures on the website dont really do them justice, the chasis and finish is deliously cool!
The colour, the finish, look is very very nice, having spent a few weeks comparing other brands, I just couldnt find one machine that ticked all the boxes, price was one consideration but for me design and functions I required were equally important.
I wont getting into the technical specs in detail but the i7 16GB of ram and M.2 SSD have given the machine a very quick boot time, I am using Windows 10 Pro and the machine is for music production at home, mainy recording guitar and bass, with some light gaming. Its light and slim, easy to transport, also the 15.6" screen is very nice to look at, the edge design is clean and doesnt catch your eye like some other makes.
I really like the keyboard, its responsive and feels familiar, just right. If you are looking for a custom machine at a very reasonable price I really cant see any other company who can produce a laptop like this, for the price, circa € 1100, which includes delivery, will be hard to match. Customer service is also very helpful with any questions.
what specs did you opt for?

I have to say I havent noticed any sound from it, I havent really pushed the processor yet as such, but so far running music software and other applications its quieter than a flys fart in space :0)

vrs888

I have to say I havent noticed any sound from it, I havent really pushed the processor yet as such, but so far running music software and other applications its quieter than a flys fart in space :0)
Excellent - thank you for that ... and for a much needed chuckle at this difficult time!

Bolter

Hi Graham, now that it's been a few months how are you finding the laptop? Still holding up like when it was new? Thanks for the useful information so far, appreciate that.

Hi Bolter, I really cannot fault it, I've been using it for games, mainly Auto sport and the mx250 Nvidia is doing s great job, no heat or fan issues, but it's mainly for guitar recording which also can be hard on the CPU, but the fusion has done s great job, still very quite and no heat issues.
I run Ableton and NeuralDSP software and a Focusrite Scarlett USB for the instruments to plug into, and zero issues with latency or performance. It also is a very attractive laptop, the nerd in me loves the look of it, the screen is excellent very clean and no issues with graphics. My buddy seen mine and ordered the 14" version, but I prefer the 15.6" as it is just right for me.
Hope this helps 😁

Bolter

Oh that's really great to hear! Really glad you're enjoying it as I went ahead and ordered the exact same spec as you! Sounds like a similar sort of workload to what I'll be doing on mine really as I'm not a massive gamer but will play the odd older title so that's good you haven't experienced any thermal or fan issues. Yeah in the photos and Youtube videos I've seen it looks stunning, very minimalist but quite classy. Thanks for getting back to me.