Phanteks Enthoo Elite - A True Full-Tower PH-ES916E_BK or PH-ES916E_AG.

This comes in ["Satin"] Black or ["anthracite"] Grey, is supplied with several fans and 4 Type A 3.0 USB & 1 Type C USB front ports [plus headphone & Mic jacks, HDMI port, etc]. Personally I would prefer a White version although I don't know what material that could be made from but if they can do it for the Enthoo Luxe then why not ? The thing that concerns me is the Vertical GPU Mount (4 slots plus Cable Riser) which I have never come across before. Otherwise it's generously equiped for water cooling along with space and brackets for many SSD's & HDD's to be installed and even 3 x 5.25inch bays so allowing a couple of DVD's to be included [fitting tip for the Build Guys, when installing a double DVD/CD-player set-up don't place them one on top of the other, leave the spare bay between them, it makes it so much easier in life not to have the cables from the stuff plugged into the USB's and jacks on the top "front panel" from geting caught up with the trays on inserting and ejecting the CD or DVD).

This is no doubt a "top of the range" therefore expensive model and so unlikely to be requested by anyone other than someone who perhaps, like me, only goes for a quality product regardless of cost (on which the Phanteks web site was noticeably silent). I particularly like it because it has a decent width dimension to comfortably house modern Graphics Cards and similar size cards as well as good air-flow design.

More info @http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Elite.html .

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Price =/= quality

when installing a double DVD/CD-player set-up don't place them one on top of the other, leave the spare bay between them, it makes it so much easier in life not to have the cables from the stuff plugged into the USB's and jacks on the top "front panel" from geting caught up with the trays on inserting and ejecting the CD or DVD).
. ?

it has a decent width dimension to comfortably house modern Graphics Cards and similar size cards as well as good air-flow design.
That doesn't differentiate it from any other of a hundred decent mid tower cases including those in the £50 range tbh.

The common downside of vertically mounting a GPU is that you have it close up against the side panel window, suffocating it. Consider the amount of space the GPU has between it and the window versus it and the floor of the case.

It's possible this case doesn't suffer from that, but it's the first thing I'd look for in any review of a case with a vertical GPU mount. I looked for reviews of the Enthoo Elite, but only found 1, and it didn't comment on temps. Probably because it had full water cooling, and buying this case without a full open loop would be nuts because one should have spent the money on everything else first before spending it on this case I guess

@Oussebon :

I think this is the largest Case I've ever seen. Most cases limit the width to 210 - 250mm which to my thinking makes the graphics and other cards an air and heat trap, even on Cooler Master cases. This model has the following attribute : Dimensions : 270 mm x 750 mm x 615 mm (W x H x D).

I'm not going to bother justifying any of my other original comments. I'm suspicious that you're jealous that I could afford to buy this case if I wanted to [and the high end specification it practically demands]. I'll check the review you Quote out of curiousity but I was really expecting an employee of PCS to read and comment on the likelyhood of me being able to have my ideal build even if it was a one-off special. I'm guessing it would have to be imported from the States so with shipping/delivery costs it may even double the price, which I know everyone else will think is Ludicrous and insane but that's me. :D:p:ROFLMAO: .

Just read the review and it got the thumbs up from their reviewer, and I now know where to buy one from if PCS doesn't want to oblige me.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
but I was really expecting an employee of PCS to read and comment on the likelyhood of me being able to have my ideal build even if it was a one-off special.
The forums aren't an official support and sales channel, so while I'm sure they periodically read comments, there's no guarantee they'll reply here.

As you'll have seen in the configurator there is the option to send in your own case - precisely for scenarios where people may wish for a case PCS don't stock.

You best bet is to call them up to discuss sending in your own case. I expect they'll be very happy to oblige you if they can.

I'm suspicious that you're jealous that I could afford to buy this case if I wanted to [and the high end specification it practically demands].
My suggestion was more that if you are buying this case, it only really makes sense with full open loop cooling (PCS's Liquid Series). I'd expect a system worthy of this case to start weighing in around £6000 including the case.

Most cases limit the width to 210 - 250mm which to my thinking makes the graphics and other cards an air and heat trap, even on Cooler Master cases.
That's not how airflow works :) More space doesn't automatically = better temps. Although with a full liquid system that's a bit different again anyway.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was really expecting an employee of PCS to read and comment on the likelyhood of me being able to have my ideal build even if it was a one-off special. I'm guessing it would have to be imported from the States so with shipping/delivery costs it may even double the price, which I know everyone else will think is Ludicrous and insane but that's me. :D:p:ROFLMAO: .

Just read the review and it got the thumbs up from their reviewer, and I now know where to buy one from if PCS doesn't want to oblige me.
PCS employees don't often visit here, if you want a definite answer from PCS you're better off calling them.

If that's the case you want then buy it elsewhere and send it in to PCS; supplying your own case is a configurator option.

BTW. Disrespecting people who are trying to help you is not your wisest course of action. :)

Last edited: